Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A Feature I Wish this Board Had (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/feature-i-wish-board-had-t115722.html)

Dingle 04-12-2011 09:29 PM

I wish we were able to bring up a larger picture of members avatars. Sometimes when members change their avatars to a quilt they have just completed I would like to see a larger picture. Not everyone posts a picture of their avatar. Some quilts I can make out, others not so much. What's your thoughts?

Pickles 04-12-2011 09:31 PM

I think that would be a really nice thing to have here.Great Ideal!! :D :thumbup:

Kitsapquilter 04-12-2011 09:39 PM

That would be a great idea!!!

sharoney 04-12-2011 09:44 PM

Sometimes when I am looking at a quilt pic someone has posted, I (just out of habit) click on it, absently thinking I can make it bigger!

GrannieAnnie 04-12-2011 10:03 PM

Great idea!

GrannieAnnie 04-12-2011 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dingle
I wish we were able to bring up a larger picture of members avatars. Sometimes when members change their avatars to a quilt they have just completed I would like to see a larger picture. Not everyone posts a picture of their avatar. Some quilts I can make out, others not so much. What's your thoughts?

Hey, I just tried something and it worked!

Right click on the avatar. Chose "save picture as" and then save it in your computer's picture gallery. THEN you can zoom in on the pic and view it making it as big as you like.

Mrs B 04-12-2011 10:08 PM

Do you have a mouse with a little wheel on it? Put your curser on the picture, hold down the Control button and move that little wheel towards you. The picture will get larger!!! then just move the wheel the other way to make the picture bigger. Try it out.

Sadiemae 04-12-2011 10:53 PM

If you place your cursor on the picture, push control + it will get larger each time you push the + sign. Then control - to go back to normal.

Janquiltz 04-12-2011 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
If you place your cursor on the picture, push control + it will get larger each time you push the + sign. Then control - to go back to normal.

Also, on my computer (running Microsoft 2007 & using Windows Internet Explorer) on the bottom right hand corner of my screen there is a # % with a down arrow. My default is 100%, but you can change that to a higher % and get larger type and pictures and then can change it back to your default when done.

Airwick156 04-12-2011 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Dingle

Hey, I just tried something and it worked!

Right click on the avatar. Chose "save picture as" and then save it in your computer's picture gallery. THEN you can zoom in on the pic and view it making it as big as you like.

I just tried that and it worked and then I was able to see it bigger. :)