Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Feature I Wish this Board Had

I wish we were able to bring up a larger picture of members avatars. Sometimes when members change their avatars to a quilt they have just completed I would like to see a larger picture. Not everyone posts a picture of their avatar. Some quilts I can make out, others not so much. What's your thoughts?

I think that would be a really nice thing to have here.Great Ideal!! :D :thumbup:

That would be a great idea!!!

Sometimes when I am looking at a quilt pic someone has posted, I (just out of habit) click on it, absently thinking I can make it bigger!

Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle
    I wish we were able to bring up a larger picture of members avatars. Sometimes when members change their avatars to a quilt they have just completed I would like to see a larger picture. Not everyone posts a picture of their avatar. Some quilts I can make out, others not so much. What's your thoughts?
    Hey, I just tried something and it worked!

Right click on the avatar. Chose "save picture as" and then save it in your computer's picture gallery. THEN you can zoom in on the pic and view it making it as big as you like.

Blog Entries
    Do you have a mouse with a little wheel on it? Put your curser on the picture, hold down the Control button and move that little wheel towards you. The picture will get larger!!! then just move the wheel the other way to make the picture bigger. Try it out.

Blog Entries
    If you place your cursor on the picture, push control + it will get larger each time you push the + sign. Then control - to go back to normal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    If you place your cursor on the picture, push control + it will get larger each time you push the + sign. Then control - to go back to normal.
    Also, on my computer (running Microsoft 2007 & using Windows Internet Explorer) on the bottom right hand corner of my screen there is a # % with a down arrow. My default is 100%, but you can change that to a higher % and get larger type and pictures and then can change it back to your default when done.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingle
    Hey, I just tried something and it worked!

Right click on the avatar. Chose "save picture as" and then save it in your computer's picture gallery. THEN you can zoom in on the pic and view it making it as big as you like.
    I just tried that and it worked and then I was able to see it bigger. :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs B
    Do you have a mouse with a little wheel on it? Put your curser on the picture, hold down the Control button and move that little wheel towards you. The picture will get larger!!! then just move the wheel the other way to make the picture bigger. Try it out.
    WOW that pretty neat, had no ideal you could do that!

Blog Entries
    all things considered, i don't think this is the time to start asking for new bells and whistles. :lol:

soooooo i'm tickled pink that so many members have told us about such a variety of simple tricks we can use to see the avatars in a more convenient size. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    all things considered, i don't think this is the time to start asking for new bells and whistles. :lol:

soooooo i'm tickled pink that so many members have told us about such a variety of simple tricks we can use to see the avatars in a more convenient size. :thumbup:
    Sooooo many SMART MEMBERS !!!
    Thanks for the info on enlarging everything - Now I can see better without glasses! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can learn something everyday. Thanks for teaching!

Janquiltz wrote:
    Also, on my computer (running Microsoft 2007 & using Windows Internet Explorer) on the bottom right hand corner of my screen there is a # % with a down arrow. My default is 100%, but you can change that to a higher % and get larger type and pictures and then can change it back to your default when done.[/quote]

This is what I have also and you can use this feature to zoom up to 400%. If you don't have this feature I believe Sadiemae mentioned that all you have to do is use "Control +" to enlarge your screen and "Control -" to go back to the normal default. EASY PEEZY! :-D

Sounds like a great idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs B
    I've known this, but always forget about it. Thanks for the reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    This worked for me!! Thanxs!!

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    :thumbup:
    lol... Especially when 'glitches' happen and poor Patrice gets bombarded with PM's when things don't go smoothly.. lol..

Id like a 'button' to remove ad's but then again I know I wont like a membership fee just to be able to be here either!!! So i'll stick with free thank you very much.. lol..

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I tried the mouse wheely thing and it made no difference ... the % enlargement is a great way to check the avatars! THANKS!!!

Blog Entries
    Great idea maybe some one will listen

Sunny Southern California, actually Riverside
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the excellent tips !!!

Blog Entries
    I am amazed and thrilled to learn these new computer tricks...well, new to me. Especially the wheel, which I feel like I just invented. LOL

How smart you all are!

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Patrice,
    I picture the inner sanctum as having frazzled hair, nerves, and coffee cups everywhere, LOL! You poor guys!

Jan in VA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast