Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Feedback/rating system in profile (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/feedback-rating-system-profile-t62657.html)

sandpat 09-03-2010 07:17 PM

I thought I was lost when I saw that by my name...had to check which site I was on...:lol::lol:

I think its gonna be a tough thing to deal with....from my experiences running IRR2 and a swap...there are things that happen outside of someone's control. I can see people being thrown under the bus for taking care of a health emergency and then their reputation (feedback rating) will be trash. Hmmmm...I'm interested to see how this is gonna work. Maybe it will just be for buying and selling

Sadiemae 09-03-2010 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I thought I was lost when I saw that by my name...had to check which site I was on...:lol::lol:

I think its gonna be a tough thing to deal with....from my experiences running IRR2 and a swap...there are things that happen outside of someone's control. I can see people being thrown under the bus for taking care of a health emergency and then their reputation (feedback rating) will be trash. Hmmmm...I'm interested to see how this is gonna work. Maybe it will just be for buying and selling

If you read the rules it states that people are not to give a negative feedback for emergencies and things like that. It does have a swap category. They can also be removed if the two people can settle the problem between them. If that doesn't work they are asked to pm admin or a moderator. Hope this helps.

sandpat 09-03-2010 07:52 PM

I just read the rules....I also went back to read the original thread about this issue posted in Jan. I can only say.....Lord help you Admin...you are either brave or crazy....maybe even bananas!:wink:...I guess time will tell. :|

debbieumphress 09-03-2010 08:39 PM

I rec'd three on mine today. Surprised me. I got a pm announcing them. I hope everyone starts fresh and does not try to go back and post from before. I would be on there forever. LOL. Hope it works out to help with members who are taking advantage of the board, not to start turf wars. Not only check to see how long they have been members, but their history and integrity in their dealings. I am all for giving this a shot.

BarbaraA 09-04-2010 07:17 AM

If items were paid for and never received, they should get negative feedback regardless. If they do not answer PMs sent from the buyer asking where the item is, they should get negative feedback, regardless. If it was represented that the items were ready to ship, buyer paid and over a month goes by and no response from PM sent and no item, they should get negative feedback regardless. At what point would you expect it to be reasonable to receive a response or your purchase?

patricej 09-04-2010 08:05 AM

assuming there is no evidence to justify a whole month gone by with no response, i'd say that's long enough.

np3 09-04-2010 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Admin
I'm still working out the details. Once it's live, I'll post an announcement.

You are right. Initially, the idea was rejected. But it looks like we are at a point where some sort of a feedback system is needed. There are a lot more users swapping, buying and selling now.

It's live right now isn't it?

Admin 09-04-2010 02:44 PM

Yes, it's live.

Sadiemae 09-05-2010 04:38 PM

I can already see negative ratings that make me very sad!