Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Feedback/rating system in profile (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/feedback-rating-system-profile-t62657.html)

janRN 09-02-2010 04:28 AM

Did I miss something? In January there was a long discussion about a feedback/rating system for sales and swaps. It was nixed. Today I went to my Profile and there is a new addition for "feedback/rating system".

Did I miss a post from Admin explaining this? If so, sorry; could you please explain how, when, and why to use this.

Thanks for your help.

donnajean 09-02-2010 04:35 AM

Yes, I now see it under "Your Statistics". How & when can you leave rating/feedback?

Originally Posted by janRN
Did I miss something? In January there was a long discussion about a feedback/rating system for sales and swaps. It was nixed. Today I went to my Profile and there is a new addition for "feedback/rating system".

Did I miss a post from Admin explaining this? If so, sorry; could you please explain how, when, and why to use this.

Thanks for your help.

Admin 09-02-2010 05:08 AM

I'm still working out the details. Once it's live, I'll post an announcement.

You are right. Initially, the idea was rejected. But it looks like we are at a point where some sort of a feedback system is needed. There are a lot more users swapping, buying and selling now.

Rebecca VLQ 09-02-2010 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Admin
I'm still working out the details. Once it's live, I'll post an announcement.

You are right. Initially, the idea was rejected. But it looks like we are at a point where some sort of a feedback system is needed. There are a lot more users swapping, buying and selling now.

Thanks, dude. As long as the ratings-feedback-comments are legit, I think it's a swell idea!

debbieumphress 09-02-2010 07:42 AM

I agree too as long as legit. But we have an instance now and she has a major family emergency, she should not get bad feedback, hope you have good rules to follow.

deedles215 09-02-2010 07:43 AM

I noticed that as well- I think it's a great idea! Nice work, Admin!!

Rebecca VLQ 09-02-2010 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I agree too as long as legit. But we have an instance now and she has a major family emergency, she should not get bad feedback, hope you have good rules to follow.

Well, *honest* feedback is always appropriate. Being factual is where it's at! :D

ETA: I "tested" this on my own profile, and I was able to post AND delete. I don't know if this is because things are in the works, but perhaps a poster should not be able to delete comments on their own profile, but only an admin?

clem55 09-02-2010 09:11 AM

Okay, I'm lost completely! What the heck is this and what is it for?

patricej 09-02-2010 11:29 AM

in the near future, we will be able to post ratings regarding our experiences buying, selling and swapping in other members' profiles. similar to what you can do on the commercial sites, but we hope it's less complicated to use.

Admin is still working on it, so i'm not sure there's any point in trying to use it unless he has asked you specifically to test it for him. I assume any data collected before it's officially rolled out and fully explained will be deleted so that we start fresh.

charmpacksplus 09-02-2010 11:34 AM

Someone left feedback for me today. :D