Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   fess up...how much do you spend a month on fabric, supplies, etc. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fess-up-how-much-do-you-spend-month-fabric-supplies-etc-t19931.html)

Butterfli19 05-10-2009 06:45 AM

Anyone up for confessing? 8)

less than $50
$50 - $100
$100 - $150
$150 - $200
$200 - $300
$300 - $500
or :shock:

For me it depends on the month and mood. The last two months I have probably spend pretty close to $200, other times I try to limit myself. Or at least that's what I tell myself...

Ninnie 05-10-2009 06:50 AM

I try to limit myself to $50 or less, sort of the slow and steady buyer, a fg here and there. Sometimes though I will go over board for stencils or quilting threads or tape for marking. It's amazing how fast it adds up! :-)

Ninnie

Courtepointe 05-10-2009 06:54 AM

Probably 100-150. That includes fabric, batting, gadgets, magazines, etc. That's a lot! 1200-1800 a year! Yikes!

ScubaK 05-10-2009 07:00 AM

Depends on my mood!
I just bought the GO! cutter and am trying to use up my stash before I go buy more fabric! Though I do need some batting and backing material and I could use some more fabric for the B&W Block swap :wink:
Then there is the latest Quilt magazines out....and I just bought 2 ME Designs but hey, I got 4 free...
Kirsten

mommaB 05-10-2009 07:21 AM

I don't keep track :lol: :lol: :lol: If I see something I want and I've got the money..it's mine :!: :!: Otherwise, I don't buy for the sake of buying, and I don't spend what I don't have :D

Barbm 05-10-2009 07:44 AM

I limit myself to $100. But then, if are making a specific project, it will (not may- WILL) go over.

I figure I need to buy now and then have a great stash for retirement when I cannot afford it. OK- so I have at least 15 years to go, why procrastinate?

mpspeedy 05-10-2009 07:45 AM

I guess I fall into the $50-$100 range. There are times when it goes way over. I am working hard to hone down my stash. I try to make at least 2 or 3 Linus quilts a week. I mostly purchase fabric with coupons or big sales. I have enough in my stash to last me the rest of my life but I still buy more. I recently got rid of hundreds of dollars worth of clothing fabric, patterns and notions for sewing garmets. I haven't sewn a garmet in several years. My granddaughters are all teens and homemade doesn't fly with them. If my youngest daughter ever gets around to having a child I will have an excuse to go into garmet sewing again.
Our local vo-tech can certainly use the fabric to stretch thier budget for the students in the textile arts classes. A local shop owner who I used to work for will deliver the stuff to them.

sandpat 05-10-2009 08:08 AM

Oh...who adds it up???? I don't want too :shock: The sad part is that I'd probably spend more, but I just don't have the room to keep it :roll:

Arizona Sunrises 05-10-2009 08:12 AM

A local gal was liquidating her online store at $3/yd, and I picked up over 150 yds of fabric--about half was batiks. I didn't buy anything for a couple of months, and I just spent $70 this weekend.

It's really sporadic, so I'm not sure.

sewjoyce 05-10-2009 08:16 AM

I'm not sure I wanna know how much a month I spend on my "hobby" -- but it does keep me out of the bars....

And the other day I realized that I hadn't purchased any summery clothing for myself since last spring (and I managed to gain weight over the winter and not a lot of the old stuff fits anymore.) So anyway, I "splurged" and bought one new top and one new pair of capris. Figure that will handle that. Besides, the less I spend on clothing, the more fabric money I have :roll: :roll: :roll: