Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   'fess up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fess-up-t146681.html)

justme CA 08-22-2011 09:01 AM

Since I can't work in confusion so my house and workroom are usually neat unless I am in the very middle of a project . This way I keep track of each step and do a better job. But my family is grown, all grandchildren too and I'm a widow living alone with a fairly tidy cat.

I had a poster in my sewing room a long time saying, A messy room shows a creative mind. I don't think that's always so for I do a lot of creative things: I write family memoirs, paint, garden and volunteer as well as quilt.

Flying_V_Goddess 08-22-2011 09:10 AM

I'm a bit of a slob. My sewing room also has the unfortunate circumstance of also being my bedroom where I eat, sleep, sew, and play video games. Its kind of like a dorm room, but a dorm room would be so much bigger because I have the smallest bedroom in the house. I have way too much stuff to fit in this tiny room and its hard to organize. As far as my quilting stuff goes its a disaster. The fabrics in my stash are stacked neatly in my cardboard shelf (once a temporary display at work). But my rulers, the fabrics I'm currently working with, and just about everything else are all over the place. I'm looking at the pieces I cut out this week, which are stacked nicely on the paper feeder part of my printer.

MissJMac 08-22-2011 09:20 AM

As a "live alone Senior Citizen" I don't even have to close the door, and I certainly don't worry about a few scraps and threads on the floor or the table or the ironing board or the bookcase or the....... LOL
I clean when I feel like it, which is nearly as often as I should but like I said "I live alone".
Don't be so hard on yourselves ladies - life is too short. I'm 71 and have too many unfinished quilts to worry about a little dust.

mim 08-22-2011 09:20 AM

I have to clean up -- I use my dining table to cut as well as sew. My SM is a featherweight. One the otherhand -- I have a small plastic bin next to my Morris chair that holds hand sewing and quilting projects. -- That is messy and sometimes overflowing

Mim

quiltymom 08-22-2011 09:21 AM

Nope NOT alone!

Janquiltz 08-22-2011 09:45 AM

You know - after reading so many posts that sound so much alike - I feel so much better knowing that I am not in this boat alone! I am sure that I could function more efficiently if there was a place for everything, and everything was in its place...but my area is just too small for my "stuff". I press in the FR and, except for when we expect the Grandkids at Christmas, the ironing board stays up all the time. I cut fabric on the kitchen island, baste quilts on the long formal dining room table (so, of course, my long boards that I use to baste the Sharon Schamber way stay in the same area). My hand quilting and hand sewing things are next to my chair in the FR so I can (once in awhile - like Monday nights when the Closer and Risolli and Isles are on) watch TV with my DH and do handwork at the same time. At least DH does not have to complain about all the books scattered around all over the house...our middle son got me a Nook Feb 2010. I love it! LOL - PS - I do not have any quilting projects located in our master bedroom or the bathrooms - we have a very large house and I firmly believe it using it to it's almost fullest extent.

quilt gramma 08-22-2011 10:38 AM

Ok i clean up 99 per cent of the time as i do not like a mess . My friends and family call me a Organized Hoarder . I like my stuff and gaggets in place not all over the place .

quilt gramma 08-22-2011 10:38 AM

Ok i clean up 99 per cent of the time as i do not like a mess . My friends and family call me a Organized Hoarder . I like my stuff and gaggets in place not all over the place .

29cathie 08-22-2011 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
YES I belong in the slob catagory,right now my whole house belongs in that catagory,just can;t make myself get up and clean,would rather be sewing

I am with you!

cmilton 08-22-2011 10:48 AM

LOL. I clean up after I finish a project or if I just can't find something. Otherwise I close the door.