Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   'fess up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fess-up-t146681.html)

Rose L 08-22-2011 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by RenaB
I tidy up every time I am finished sewing for the night. This way the next day everything is fresh and in order. No hunting for something. I find I would waste more time hunting than just putting things away after I am done for the night.

This is me as well. I can't stand having every horizontal surface covered in "stuff" so I clean up and at least maintain neat and organized stacks until I get through the current project. I just don't have the space to spare and still get things done otherwise.

MargeD 08-22-2011 12:19 PM

Well, I'm a little of both. I used to have my own sewing room where only TJ the cat and I entered at our own peril, but all my projects were in one room, in one place. Since we downsized to an apt., my sewing room is also my bedroom, sooo - when I'm working on a project, things go on my bed for lack of space. Therefore, if I wish to sleep in my bed at night, I need to clear off my bed before I go to bed, so yes I pick up, but my sewing area is not letter perfect.

Tweety2911 08-22-2011 12:23 PM

Call me SLOB. I tidy enough to make room for another project in my sewing space. Do try to keep up the rest of the house though.

SharonTheriault 08-22-2011 12:26 PM

I'm a slob when I'm working on a project. Clean up after the project is done so I can get ready for the next project. Of course, there are those piles of extra fabric that I don't know what to do with. I put a liner in a small trash can and that's where the scraps go. Still can't seem to get it all put away though, until the project is done.

mim 08-22-2011 12:27 PM

My deceased DH had a wonderful philosophy -- " Dust is Gods way of telling time" I think that is a perfect motto. Add to that a few threads and snippets.

Mim

SuzyQ 08-22-2011 12:31 PM

I'm right there with ya! I only tidy up when I can't stand it any more. If I spent the time tidying up I'd not have time to do anything. Sometimes I only have a few minutes and with all my treasures out I can either sit down at my machine or cut something out even if I only have a few minutes.

Susan

ywoodruff5 08-22-2011 12:33 PM

You're definitely not alone :lol: . I clean up when finished with project I am working on or when I can't stand it any longer. 8-)

alikat110 08-22-2011 12:39 PM

Natural instinct would be to leave it till project is complete, but as I haveto work in living room and dining room, I clean between each session!!! Oh well!

Quilting Angel 08-22-2011 01:17 PM

I can't work around a mess, so I make it a rule to give my sewing room a good cleaning after every project.

skothing 08-22-2011 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
a slob by any other name is PatriceJ.

there are enough many things i must do in life.

when it comes to things that are up to me, i do as i prefer.

i don't clean up until i feel like it.

i rarely feel like it. :lol:

I love LOVE love this!!!!!! Yes but the cleaning bug lately has hit me. Check out update on messy studio this is mine pics included. It is Flylady.com fault. I am feeling guilty about leaving a mess when I have people over.