Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   finally a member of the FWC (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/finally-member-fwc-t112646.html)

SnowQuilt 04-01-2011 04:33 PM

Congrats. Welcome to the club. It's a beautiful machine. :thumbup: :)

roseOfsharon 04-01-2011 04:38 PM

You got a great "gal" and a great price :) Happy sewing.

Fancy Nancy 04-01-2011 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
It has the scroll faceplate! I wanted one like that but settled for one without. Welcome to the club. Did you name her yet?

oh thought they all had that faceplate. didn't even really notice til someone here commented.

no name yet - heck I have enuf trouble naming my cats and dogs!

Yooper32 04-02-2011 03:58 AM

I am green, it even has the beautiful scroll plate. Wow!

patdesign 04-02-2011 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Fancy Nancy
now an OMOTFWC - (Official member of the Featherweight Club) Went to a Salv Army Women's Auxillary sale today and just before leaving glanced over at table near the check out and there, in a case, was a Featherweight! When checking out a couple of the women didn't know what it was - but two of them did and they had all been wondering if and when it would sell. I didn't tell them they had the price too low (compared to Ebay). Only paid $125 which is a lot but not at much as the ones I see on Ebay and Craig's list. Could hardly wait to get home to check it out. Have not tried it yet - have to just look at it a while first. Did plug in and light came on and ran so just have to now figure out how to thread it etc. (no manual). Also only one bobbin so hoping can order some of those somewhere. Where do you find the serial number to look up the year/model etc?

Lucky you, x 2 that little foot with the round hole and spring is a free motion foot!!!!

patdesign 04-02-2011 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Fancy Nancy
now an OMOTFWC - (Official member of the Featherweight Club) Went to a Salv Army Women's Auxillary sale today and just before leaving glanced over at table near the check out and there, in a case, was a Featherweight! When checking out a couple of the women didn't know what it was - but two of them did and they had all been wondering if and when it would sell. I didn't tell them they had the price too low (compared to Ebay). Only paid $125 which is a lot but not at much as the ones I see on Ebay and Craig's list. Could hardly wait to get home to check it out. Have not tried it yet - have to just look at it a while first. Did plug in and light came on and ran so just have to now figure out how to thread it etc. (no manual). Also only one bobbin so hoping can order some of those somewhere. Where do you find the serial number to look up the year/model etc?

Lucky you, x 2 that little foot with the round hole and spring is a free motion foot!!!! oops

CarrieAnne 04-02-2011 04:34 AM

Congrats!

vickimc 04-02-2011 05:56 AM

Looks like an older one, because of the fancy plate on the left side. Mine has that and it is a 1940. To find the serial number turn over and remove bottom cover. you should find it stamped on the machine base around the edge. Oil it while you are there. the put the cover back on. Congrads and enjoy. Oh, yes, someone else listed all the helpful sites. they are great.

vickimc 04-02-2011 05:56 AM

Looks like an older one, because of the fancy plate on the left side. Mine has that and it is a 1940. To find the serial number turn over and remove bottom cover. you should find it stamped on the machine base around the edge. Oil it while you are there. the put the cover back on. Congrads and enjoy. Oh, yes, someone else listed all the helpful sites. they are great.

MarieM 04-02-2011 06:19 AM

Welcome to the club. I love mine. Sews like a gem.