Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The find of a lifetime! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/find-lifetime-t40986.html)

Aurora 03-29-2010 05:54 AM

I used to live five minutes from one, but now the closest one is 45 miles away. Get there occasionally, mostly when I do a liquor or pet food run. PetSmart is next door and the liquor store is in the next parking lot. Granted the pet food run (WalMart doesn't offer the flavors my mother's cat will eat)are far more frequent than my liquor runs -- just in case you were starting to worry about me. Fortuantely, they just voted a city in the next County wet, so I won't have to drive so far for my red wine. I digress -- sorry.

Ms Grace 03-29-2010 06:38 AM

wow! :shock:
That's a great find.
I love Hobby Lobby. :-)

Evelynquilts 03-29-2010 06:39 AM

We`re getting one in Orlando...!!! I love Hobby Lobby too...

Oklahoma Suzie 03-29-2010 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by amy WI
Shopping at Hobby Lobby yesterday. Looked at the clearance section and what do I find?? An 80 inch wooden quilting frame. Original price $69.99. I paid $15.51 without a coupon! I can't wait to break it in! :)

nice find

Horsestitcher 03-30-2010 03:36 AM

I saw a Hobby Lobby somewhere in central Florida around Ocala, while we were stranded with our RV. Check on line to see where their stores are located. Good luck. I could spend my whole life in Hobby Lobby.

HIBISCUS 03-30-2010 05:02 AM

How far are you from Jacksonville? We have two Hobby Lobbys here; come and visit!!!

Debra Mc 03-30-2010 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Skyqueen30094

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
I wish we had Hobby Lobby in FL., I miss that store. I'm originally from IN. so I shopped there all the time. Great shopping trip even with NO coupon!

we are getting a Hobby Lobby in Orlando just a note about it the other day. finally since all the wall-marts have stopped selling fabric.

There fabric is nice too.

stitchinwitch 03-30-2010 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by amy WI
Shopping at Hobby Lobby yesterday. Looked at the clearance section and what do I find?? An 80 inch wooden quilting frame. Original price $69.99. I paid $15.51 without a coupon! I can't wait to break it in! :)

Wood? oh don't say "BREAK" it in! hahah have fun!

dphelps 03-30-2010 06:46 AM

dkabasketlady- There are Hobby Lobby's in Florida. Check out the site and click on Stores. It lists quite a few. Where do you live?

3699quilter 03-30-2010 07:17 AM

I've checked Hobby Lobby for fabric, but thought it was too expensive. Never thought about their clearance area - will have to check it out.
Also, My WalMart has clearance on fabric strips and they are stored/hiding under the cutting table so I will have to keep checking those too. I have a quilting rack from my sister, but have never had room enough to set it up. This may inspire me - thanks! And Congrats on the great find.