Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Foolish old me (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/foolish-old-me-t18018.html)

Knot Sew 03-23-2009 12:26 PM

I bought a kit at connecting threads my first. I thought the pieces would all be cut...nope chunks iof fabric...I have a problem cutting straight so this dosen't help I guess you have to ask :oops: :oops:

Skeat 03-23-2009 12:49 PM

Been there and done that:)Best part..it will only happen once to you!LOL Yes, the LQS should have asked if you had the book. Most kits I've picked up will state on the outside of the package 'need pattern out of book....' or such. Or even a BOM will state up front, 'you will need book 'such-such' for this, etc. So you weren't the one to make the mistake...you assumed a kit was complete...some are! I was amazed you bought the 'kits' for under $40 and thought 'wow'!!:)I hope your book arrives soon! SKeat

Chele 03-23-2009 12:52 PM

You would think a kit would contain a pattern! :roll: Looks like you solved the problem though. Very resourceful! Now let's see those quilts!

Shemjo 03-23-2009 12:56 PM

I don't think I have ever seen a kit without the pattern without it being noted in big bold letters on the front that the pattern was not included! I am surprised the shop was not more up front about that! Were the kits displayed by the book? Maybe there was a sign that you missed. At least that is what I would be thinking if I got home and found no pattern in the kit. Thankfully you were able to get the book. But look at all of the people you have made aware of a possible problem. We will all make sure we don't have that happen to us! :?

quiltwoman 03-23-2009 12:59 PM

Don't feel too bad--I bought curtains thinking there would be 2 in the package as in a "pair" of curtains. Now, they are sold singly--like what could I do with one curtain?? :lol:

Darlene 03-23-2009 01:14 PM

Skeat the kits were $12.50 and $13.50 and I thought that was pretty good.
I also got a pattern on clearance for $2.00 and another for $8.95 with 5 patterns in it. This is a very classy place and I could have stayed for hours but with DH waiting in the car I had to hurry.
Darlene

Skeat 03-23-2009 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Darlene
Skeat the kits were $12.50 and $13.50 and I thought that was pretty good.
I also got a pattern on clearance for $2.00 and another for $8.95 with 5 patterns in it. This is a very classy place and I could have stayed for hours but with DH waiting in the car I had to hurry.
Darlene

W/dh in the car had to make me chuckle:)we had to go about 45min to another town for the next stage of a spelling bee and dh made the mistake of telling me we were going to be too early...so we ended up at a quilt store on the way (one of my favs!)I shopped 'quick'! Ended up w/some goodies :)But, then thought...am I really addicted as they all sat in the car:))LOL Can't wait to see your creations! Don't we love those special stops...even for a moment:)Skeat

littlehud 03-23-2009 04:30 PM

I would have thought the patterns were in the kit too. And I really think they should have let you know. Still this way you got lots of patterns to work with so you came out ahead.

sewnsewer2 03-23-2009 06:47 PM

That doesn't make any sense to me. What good is the cut fabric if you don't have the pattern to make it??

Every kit I've ever bought came with the pattern from my LQS!

Janstar 03-23-2009 06:51 PM

You got me curious because I bought 2 quilt kits awhile back so I had to go look and the patterns are in there. Whew! You figured out a way to do yours. Can't wait to see them finished.