Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Forgetful at times (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/forgetful-times-t290248.html)

Jingle 08-07-2017 11:41 AM

I just buy fabrics, 4-6 yards just in case I need that much. When I get ready to make quilts I don't have to worry about whether I will have enough.

SusieQOH 08-07-2017 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by EasyPeezy (Post 7881787)
Welcome to the club. Sometimes I attach a note to my invoice so I'll know what
the fabric is for. That doesn't mean I won't change my mind afterwards. :D
The other day I was drooling over some fabric online which I discovered
I already have. Duh

Tartan, I like that...mentalpause. So true. LOL

Omg that's hilarious!! I'm laughing but I bet if I look hard enough I'll find doubles of a fabric I drooled over! :D

Cari-in-Oly 08-07-2017 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by EasyPeezy (Post 7881787)
The other day I was drooling over some fabric online which I discovered
I already have. Duh

A few years ago when I was setting up my sewing room, getting all my yardage out of tubs and boxes onto comic boards I discovered I had bought the same fabric not just once, not twice, but three times. And darned if I could remember what I had in mind for it.

Cari

SusieQOH 08-07-2017 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly (Post 7881964)
A few years ago when I was setting up my sewing room, getting all my yardage out of tubs and boxes onto comic boards I discovered I had bought the same fabric not just once, not twice, but three times. And darned if I could remember what I had in mind for it.

Cari

Cari- you should get some kind of award for 3 times :D

Kitsie 08-07-2017 04:04 PM

No problem on my limited budget! Each project gets a drawer or storage bin. And each has a folder on my computer.
I buy the fabrics for each project. Left overs are used for a stash of 6" blocks (boy, do I love doing them!) for my Canadian cousin who just left after a visit with over 100 of them to make gift quilts for the needy.

lots2do 08-07-2017 04:36 PM

You know, I just did this with a yarn purchase. I bought a yarn to make a sweater but bought two other types of yarn and can't remember what patterns I picked out. Grrr. Frustrating.

Nammie to 7 08-07-2017 05:56 PM

If I buy fabric for a specific project I store it and the pattern in an acid free box - that way the fabric isn't used for a different project and I don't have to search for the pattern. Other fabric is ruler-folded and put in drawers to be used for whatever comes to mind.

cashs_mom 08-07-2017 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly (Post 7881964)

Cari

I've bought the same fabric twice. I have 2 of several patterns. I haven't bought the same one 3 times. Yet.

Anniedeb 08-07-2017 07:30 PM

I have bought the same fabric twice...on many occasions!! I buy fabric I like....usually not knowing what I plan to do with it...I just know I can't be without it!!

Littledreamdevil 08-07-2017 09:35 PM

I buy fabric if I like it. if I am going to make a quilt pattern I like I try to keep all the
fabric/ect together, but sometimes I get to get to looking in my stash and things get mixed
up and I cant remember what when with what. May a note book and pictures is a good idea.