Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/found-my-fat-quarters-jelly-rolls-grrrrrr-t75892.html)

grann of 6 11-12-2010 04:53 AM

Do you ever wonder how you can be so stupid?!?!?! Well, last night after cleaning up the sewing studio and still not finding those strips I was looking for, I couldn't get to sleep. In my mind I retraced my steps I have taken for the last 2 weeks. All of a sudden I saw this green storage bin with Christmas scraps and thought maybe they were in there. I was too lazy to get up and look then; besides the dog would have taken my sleeping space on the bed. Sure enough I just went to the basement on the furnace side, looked in that bin and there they were; along with a bunch of fat quarters I have no idea why I put them there. Why did I do that? It was Christmas scraps. I wasted so much time and energy just because I did something in a hurry. Grrrrrr.....

raedar63 11-12-2010 04:57 AM

"besides the dog would have taken my sleeping space on the bed. "

HaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!! I can relate!!!!

CarrieAnne 11-12-2010 04:57 AM

LOL, I was looking for some strips for a lady here last night. COULD NOT find where I put them. I just knew they were in a box..........
Nope, right in the little cabnit with my ironing board!

cjomomma 11-12-2010 05:00 AM

I feel your pain. I've been going crazy looking for a piece of poinsettia fabric that has done a disappearing act. But I haven't lost any sleep over it yet.

grann of 6 11-12-2010 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
"besides the dog would have taken my sleeping space on the bed. "

HaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!! I can relate!!!!

She is a Great Dane weighing 130 pounds. If she doesn't want to move she won't. She has to sleep right up against me and if I roll over she moves with me till I am at the edge of the bed.

kathyd 11-12-2010 05:04 AM

Good for you. You found your missing fabric AND you have a clean sewing area. Look on the bright side now!!!

Sewze 11-12-2010 05:09 AM

I, too, feel your pain. I spent hours yesterday looking for my Christmas fabric and project stash that I've had for years and couldn't believe that I didn't find it even after spending two months orgainizing my stash. Then I decided to look in a closet that I just knew it wasn't in and there it was. So much for organization. LOL Getting old really stinks.

Windwalker 11-12-2010 05:19 AM

When this happens at our house I have to remind the person looking (usually DH) to step back, take a deep breathe and give it a break. Once he relaxes he finds what he's looking for. Me on the other hand, when I'm given something to put up, I put it up so well it's sometimes seems impossible to find.

erstan947 11-12-2010 05:41 AM

When I can't find something I know it is a good safe place.
It usually floats to the top and is always right where I put it. Often it is the only thing in my sewing room that is in it's proper place!:)

BellaBoo 11-12-2010 05:51 AM

Unless it's impossible to replace I search for awhile and then go buy another. That's why I have a bin full of scissors and seam rippers, duplicate patterns and books, and a fat quarter to match most of the yardage I have. That's my world I live in. LOL