Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Frixion pen marking lines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/frixion-pen-marking-lines-t246517.html)

mirabelle 05-10-2014 11:27 PM

Anael that is an awesome idea, must try it. I have found that I don't like the black pens as they leave a white line after you press it, although it does disappear eventually, it freaked me out a little when it first happened. I stick to the green, purple and orange..

QuiltE 05-11-2014 04:15 AM

Great idea ..... sometimes the obvious, just is not obvious!

And now I have a visual of you up in the middle of the night, blow drying your quilt! :)

MiraB ... I too have noticed the ghost marks with the Frixxions. Looking very close, I have even been able to spot them on white fabrics. I haven't noticed it more/less according to the ink colour ... must pay attention!

I love the Frixxion pens because of the fine line ... I just consider the ghosting factor and whether I want to use it or not.

ManiacQuilter2 05-11-2014 05:25 AM

I haven't tried them yet but what a great tip. Strange how it is just the opposite of the disappearing purple be gone.

RipStitcher 05-12-2014 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by tesspug (Post 6710584)
As my grandmother would say, "That's using the old noodle!"

That made me smile! My grandma used to say that, too... haven't heard that in 30 years. Thanks for the grin this morning!

jrhboxers 05-12-2014 06:16 AM

If I am not going to wash what I am working on, I just pop it in the dryer for a few minutes.

Anael 05-12-2014 06:38 AM

I don't have a dryer so I had to come up with another solution :)

citruscountyquilter 05-13-2014 08:19 AM

I love frixon pens but have noticed ghosting on some fabrics when they are ironed to remove the lines. I now always test a line on a piece of scrap to see if it will leave what appears like a bleached line. Rather than use an iron to get rid of the lines I just leave them and let them come out in the wash when I wash my quilt which I need to do anyway because I glue baste.

Grammahunt 05-13-2014 08:56 AM

What did we do before Frixion pens? The ghost lines are leftover wax. Hot steam will take care of that.
Hair dryer is a great idea. I suppose another great idea is the hot air gun I use for embossing. It would work too, and be faster than sharing the hair dryer since the hot air gun is already in my sewing room.

Pennyhal 05-13-2014 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Grammahunt (Post 6714826)
What did we do before Frixion pens? The ghost lines are leftover wax. Hot steam will take care of that.
Hair dryer is a great idea. I suppose another great idea is the hot air gun I use for embossing. It would work too, and be faster than sharing the hair dryer since the hot air gun is already in my sewing room.

So, does the wax eventually get removed with washing? Or is the ghost line permanent?

QuiltE 05-13-2014 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pennyhal (Post 6714874)
So, does the wax eventually get removed with washing? Or is the ghost line permanent?

I have some that have kept the ghost line, after many washings.