Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Frixion Pens (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/frixion-pens-t264027.html)

Dreaming 04-14-2015 08:03 PM

Frixion Pens

Has any one had the problem of the marks from the frixion pens not coming out completely? Is there anything that can be done to remove it? Thank you in advance.

Tartan 04-14-2015 09:10 PM

oI don't use then on dark colours as they can leave a bleached line. If that is your problem, I have not found a solution to restore the colour.

DOTTYMO 04-14-2015 09:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Try this on a sample
* lady in our local group covers her mistakes with permanent markers. She has eyesight problems so makes mistakes with seams and quilting and this is how she covers those mistakes.
* last month went to a Zentangle course. Drew outside shape and pattern with black thread then using permanent marker to fill in shapes. Washed this picture and no runs just bad sewing,

Evie 04-14-2015 10:00 PM

I use Frixion pens all the time. According to Sharon Schamber, who apparently also uses these pens, the "bleached" lines that appear on some fabrics is the gel in the ink and washes out completely. I haven't had any problem with them and I won't give them up! :)

117becca 04-15-2015 12:38 AM

wash the quilt when finished - things will be fine.

QuiltnNan 04-15-2015 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Evie (Post 7165185)
I use Frixion pens all the time. According to Sharon Schamber, who apparently also uses these pens, the "bleached" lines that appear on some fabrics is the gel in the ink and washes out completely. I haven't had any problem with them and I won't give them up! :)

we were discussing this at quilting bee yesterday... a couple of the gals are dead set against using them on dark fabrics. i haven't had any problems at all... i advised them to wash the quilt and there are no more 'bleached' lines

quilterpurpledog 04-15-2015 03:24 AM

I think Frixion pens are questionable because of the ink gel reacting with whatever chemicals there are in or on the fabric. I know quilters who think they are wonderful-even Sharon Schambler. I know of one person who shipped a quilt for a contest. The marks came back because the quilt was in the cargo section of a FEDEX airplane. Not a happy event. I like to use children's washable markers on my quilts. They always wash away when I wash the quilt and they never come back.

giquilt 04-15-2015 03:49 AM

Have not had trouble with Frixion pens. Only used them for marking appliqué lines.
I used an orange Crayola washable marker on a cream quilt one time, to mark quilting lines. 5 years, YES, 5 years later, I decided to wash it before I went to all the trouble of quilting. The marker washed out and I had to remark it to quilt. That was 4 years ago and I do not have any residual marker on the quilt.

Jingle 04-15-2015 04:00 AM

I use the washable markers to mark blocks and rows. They always wash out even if I iron over them.
I am going to use permanent markers on the backs of my quilts when the thread bunches up of lighter top thread shows up on a dark backing. I have read they will cover them.

Onebyone 04-15-2015 04:00 AM

I use them and I haven't had any problems so far. The whitish lines on dark fabrics disappear, no big concern for me as the quilts I make are to be used and washed not put in closet for my future greats to sell on Ebay. LOL