Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Frustrated to the max! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/frustrated-max-t209643.html)

MaryKatherine 12-31-2012 05:16 AM

Put it away for a while. Then reassess it.
MaryKatherine

meanmom 12-31-2012 05:46 AM

Glad you found something. Good LUck. Hope you like this one better once it is sewed on. I just finished Carol Doak 50 paper pieced stars. I found a sashing fabric that I just needed. It was in a quilt hanging in the LQS. No one knew what it was, but it was at least 2 years old. I tried numerous other fabrics nothing worked for me. I searched and searched everywhere. It was a batik and nothing. I finally asked the LQS all of the brands of batiks they sold and found the fabric on ebay. I had searched off and on for months. It was just perfect. It is so hard once you decide on a fabric and you can''t find it anywhere.

AChristina 12-31-2012 05:57 AM

Glad you found something that will work. When I get frustrated, sometimes I take my pieced blocks or tops to my LQS and the ladies there are very helpful in making suggestions for borders and sashing.

quiltapillow 12-31-2012 07:08 AM

just and idea--you could border or frame it with a solid and then make a scrappy outer border to match the solid framed scrappy inside.

memepat 12-31-2012 07:24 AM

Oh shucks. You may have to go shopping!! Put the cream in your stash and find that perfect fab. Sorry this happened. Good luck!!

gabeway 12-31-2012 07:28 AM

The ripper is an old friend. If your unhappy with the looks you are right in ripping it. If you still like the material from Connecting Threads then try finding it on fabric.com as they often have out of stock material. Good luck.

MargeD 12-31-2012 07:57 AM

I feel your pain. I once did a pieced border for a KING size quilt, hated it as my measurements were off because I didn't take into account all the bias edges of the key-west block. So, I let it rest a couple of days, then spent TWO DAYS ripping it out, then set it aside for a long time before deciding that a plain black border would look best to go with all the fabric in the quilt that had a black background, and it turned out nice. I had made the quilt for my husband for our 25th wedding anniversary, however, it "aged like fine wine" for10 years before I finished it,but I did finish it, and I really liked the plain black border, especially after quilting it witih a cable quilting design. Now if I could just figure out a way not to let my projects "age" so long, I'll be all set. LOL. If you don't think the second fabric you chose isn't right, take it out, give it a couple of days, then make a decision, it will all work out.

Caswews 12-31-2012 08:43 AM

<waving & a high 5 from Brie> Well all I can say is let er rip and varroooooooooooooom .. LOL (cuz I don't wanna go to my cellar as its cold dark and dirt~!LOL).

Good Luck in whatever you decide to do!

Bjbaxter 12-31-2012 01:09 PM

How frustrating, I have a quilt like that, and so it sits borderless till I figure out a solution. I have a friend that appliques over areas of a quilt that she thinks is dull, and they always turn out beautifully!

Bjbaxter 12-31-2012 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bjbaxter (Post 5752750)
How frustrating, I have a quilt like that, and so it sits borderless till I figure out a solution. I have a friend that appliques over areas of a quilt that she thinks is dull, and they always turn out beautifully!

Guess I should have read page 2! Sounds like you have a hubby like mine, he is excellent when it comes to blocks and colors, which is funny since he is color challenged - not color blind, but close!