Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   FRUSTRATED! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/frustrated-t26931.html)

reneebobby 10-13-2009 04:24 AM

You know what it looks great and I would still donate it, it's the thought and people aren't going to care if your points don't match up. You should have seen the afghan that I made one year it was bad but it brought in alot of money people just don't care when it comes to helping someone out.

Up North 10-13-2009 04:37 AM

I talked to my friend and she was in tears, said the same thing you all did. It will go to the raffle and I have a couple days yet to fight with it before then. I just wish there was a place close by to purchase supplies.

Thanks you everyone for the vote of confidence and you are right-no one will notice if they gallop by on their horse!LOL

bearisgray 10-13-2009 05:32 AM

It's for a fund-raiser - and sometimes it's nice/fun to have a quilt that can get "used hard." (That is not meant as in insult - it's meant that it won't get put away never to be seen again)

I'd spend a couple of dollars on raffle tickets - I won't spend $5.00 for any raffle ticket, though.

It's bright, it's cheery. It has MOTORCYCLES - and that fabric is not easy to find.

I can relate to your frustration in in not going "right", though.

Up North 10-13-2009 05:36 AM

Bearisgrey- I want my quilts to be used hard!! It is meant to be taken to the motocross meets and snuggle in, Have a picnic on and curl up under on a chilly evening- And you are right the fabric wasn't an easy find, I think that is why I was so upset. I think the pattern was off on the block sizes thus part of the problem. They yellow triangles is what I think was wrong.

bearisgray 10-13-2009 05:44 AM

Sometimes the instructions are wrong - and it's bad enough for an "experienced" quilter - but totally discouraging for a "beginner" -

I think you should go ahead and donate the quilt for a raffle -

It is interesting that sometimes the "imperfect" items have more appeal and charm than the so-called "perfect" ones do.

Your quilt is definitely one that I think would be fun to use.

winia 10-13-2009 06:14 AM

A solution to your problem is the real thin bias binding that you can
iron on and then put fancy stitches to hold it down. It covers a
multitude of sins and looks very attractive on a quilt. :P

kat112000 10-13-2009 06:14 AM

I hope you donated it to the cause! It looked fine to me! In my experience, when people are holding a benefit to help familes out ANYTHING goes! I am a quilter and I would have bid on that quilt.

OdessaQuilts 10-13-2009 07:31 AM

Well, I haven't read all 3 pages of this thread, but my suggestion is SEND IT! :) :-) :D

Your color choices are truly wonderful, and while YOU don't feel it's perfect, SEND IT! :-)

Let the people who will go to the fundraiser buy tickets on it until they run out of $$ and they have to sell their children to get more. SEND IT! 8)

I absolutely LOVE you color choices here; the quilt looks warm, and snuggly, and would be appreciated by anyone -- master quilter or beginner. SEND IT! 8)

You have nothing to hang your head about here. SEND IT! :-)

Let the family be touched by your generosity, which is tremendous. SEND IT! :-)

And do NOT be ashamed because you don't feel it is perfect; it is a LOVELY PIECE OF WORK and you should be PROUD that your heart was touched to help out in this manner. SEND IT! :-)

Think of it this way: By not attending the fundraiser but sending this quilt instead, they may likely make MORE $$ on a raffle of this beautiful piece of work than just taking your $$ at the door. SEND IT! 8)

Have I made my thought clear yet? SEND IT! :D

As it says in the Good Book, "You've done well, good and faithful servant." :wink: :!: :wink:

SEND IT! :D

Odessa

laparshall 10-13-2009 07:35 AM

I would buy tickets on your quilt. I think it is a great quilt and you are being much too hard on yourself. If you decide to sell tickets, pm me and I will buy some.
Linda

Up North 10-13-2009 07:45 AM

Aww you guys make me get teary eyed!! I will SEND IT!! I will buy a ticket and hope I win!!!! That way I will end up with it! Good Idea huh? LOL