Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Frustrated! :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/frustrated-t84380.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 12-21-2010 06:13 PM

You're so funny. I love your posts!!! :D:D

Flying_V_Goddess 12-21-2010 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
Good music good chocolate, now all you need is good wine!

Not really much of a wine person. Though one year I went to this benefit that had wine tasting and there was this chilled dessert wine that I found incredibly delicious. I wish I could remember who had made the wine.

michelehuston 12-21-2010 06:37 PM

Sounds like Ice wine. Very sweet. I must agree, wine and chocolate after rough day...mmmmm

Flying_V_Goddess 12-21-2010 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Boopers
Why are you still cutting with scissors. Girl, give yourself a real treat and invest in a rotary cutter and mat. They are worth the investment and not that expensive at Wal-Mart.

That's like asking a hand quilter why she or he hasn't invested in a sewing machine. Its my personal preference.

I do have rotary cutter (which I cut the binding strips with), but I'm still learning and didn't want to try and cut the extra long borders with the rotary cutter. Not with my beginner skills. I felt safer using the scissors. Plus I lack the space to properly rotary cut any fabric larger than a yard (I had two yards of grey fabric to work with). This is what I work on: a dry board eraser flipped upsidedown on top of one of those stands you eat TV dinners off of. Its not pretty, but it works and will have to do until I get a place of my own. I currently live with my mother (hopefully I'll get out soon!) and was given the smallest room so I don't have the space required for a decent table.

Flying_V_Goddess 12-21-2010 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by michelehuston
Sounds like Ice wine. Very sweet. I must agree, wine and chocolate after rough day...mmmmm

It was very sweet. I'll have to ask the salon if they remember what company had set up the wine tasting room (the salon set up the benefit).

Maia B 12-21-2010 07:03 PM

My mom is sick (praise God nothing serious) and today I visited her for lunch but ended up running to the grocery for her. In addition to some sickie food, I got her some dark chocolate, which she likes. She reminded me that it aggravates some conditions she has, so I told her that it's for in case she takes a turn for the worse. Just prior to losing consciousness, eat the chocolate and dial 911. They'll deal with the extra symptoms from the chocolate with the rest of the medical care. Or not. If you die, best that the last thing you ate was chocolate.

Flying_V_Goddess 12-21-2010 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Maia B
My mom is sick (praise God nothing serious) and today I visited her for lunch but ended up running to the grocery for her. In addition to some sickie food, I got her some dark chocolate, which she likes. She reminded me that it aggravates some conditions she has, so I told her that it's for in case she takes a turn for the worse. Just prior to losing consciousness, eat the chocolate and dial 911. They'll deal with the extra symptoms from the chocolate with the rest of the medical care. Or not. If you die, best that the last thing you ate was chocolate.

Good plan. :thumbup:

Interesting how the last thing I mention was chocolate and the thread quickly turns into a conversation mostly about chocolate and little about quilting.

leatheflea 12-22-2010 04:40 AM

I guess we're a little ADD. And like kids we love chocolate.

Flying_V_Goddess 12-22-2010 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
I guess we're a little ADD. And like kids we love chocolate.

We sure are ;-)