Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Frustrated! :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/frustrated-t84380.html)

Flying_V_Goddess 12-21-2010 03:17 PM

I'm in the final stages of prep work before I do any actual piecing for my Slipknot quilt. I finished cutting the longer strips of sashing fifteen minutes ago. I spent most of last night getting the strips for the borders measured, drawn, and cut out. Had the shorter sashing strips done a couple days ago.

I was going to mark my seam allowances on the shorter sashing strips before pinning them to the t-shirt pieces. When I put the ruler on the strip to mark I could not get the marks on my ruler to line up with the edge. I had cut my shorter pieces crooked! I think its because of the way I cut them. With the other longer pieces I cut through a single layer of fabric with scissors and with the short pieces I cut through two layers of fabric with scissors. The two layers probably shifted a little during the cutting process and that's why my strips were all wonky.

I spent the last fifteen minutes remeasuring everything to make sure everything was straight and to the right size and thank God everything else isn't messed up. But I'm a bit stressed at the moment.

I knew there was a reason for buying the small $1 box of Russel Stover chocolate when I bought my batting the other night.

leatheflea 12-21-2010 03:22 PM

Chocolate would solve alot of the worlds problems!

lovequilts 12-21-2010 03:24 PM

Yeah for Chocolate......

pab 12-21-2010 03:28 PM

Hang in there,things will get better.Enjoy the chocolates too pab

DawnMarie 12-21-2010 03:30 PM

Those kind of days are very frustrating! Good luck!

Stitchnripper 12-21-2010 03:36 PM

So frustrating - I'm sure the chocolate will put a new perspective on things.

Flying_V_Goddess 12-21-2010 03:39 PM

Can't seem to catch a break. The small box of chocolates only had two chocolates in it. The first one was divine: milk chocolate with a caramel center. The second was horrible: Dark chocolate with a slightly nutty and dark chocolate truffle center. Yuck! It was absolutely bitter. Being that I love food and cook a lot I should of known as soon as I opened the box the darker one was going to be extremely bitter, but I didn't think about it. I was thinking more about how all I wanted at the moment was chocolate and listen to Kittie...the irony being that the song I was listening to was "What I Always Wanted" and one of the lyrics goes "I thought I found what I always wanted. Bear with me." lol.

leatheflea 12-21-2010 05:45 PM

Good music good chocolate, now all you need is good wine!

Boopers 12-21-2010 05:48 PM

Why are you still cutting with scissors. Girl, give yourself a real treat and invest in a rotary cutter and mat. They are worth the investment and not that expensive at Wal-Mart.

kay carlson 12-21-2010 06:13 PM

Chocolate - the mental health food :-)