Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Frustrating morning (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/frustrating-morning-t12553.html)

ladymyste 10-24-2008 03:37 PM

Gayle -

Are you working with a Bernina machine dongle? If so do you have Windows Vista on your Desktop & Laptop?

If you do then you need to download the Vista patch from the Bernina website BEFORE installing the dongle software.

I don't know if that helps but I hope so.

Jim's Gem 10-24-2008 03:58 PM

Yes, I have a Bernina. No I do not have Vista. I am still frustrated!! I am going to get together with my quilting buddies in a few minutes. I will have to tackle this issue on Sunday. I stopped at my local store and they did not carry the same thread, but I found one that was close in color and finished the quilting. At this point I do not care if one can tell the difference!!!

tlrnhi 10-24-2008 04:15 PM

OH gosh, girl!
Hang in there!
I understand on all counts what you are going thru.
Just try not to think about daughter and son,,,,meaning, don't think about where they are. I know it's easier said then done, but worrying isn't going to help either one of you.

Don't worry about a little "quirk" in the quilt. They'll know it was made with love, even tho frustration was in there too. Most people don't even notice the mistakes that we see when making them.

BIG HUGS to you!!!

bluebird 10-24-2008 05:50 PM

So sorry that today was such a bummer. Isn't that what Murphy's Law is, always something and then it snowballs. Like Terri said, try not to worry about the kids but we all know that isn't easy either. Didn't someone mention CHOCOLATE? Now there is a good solution for everything :lol:

bearisgray 10-24-2008 05:53 PM

Hope tomorrow goes better for you.

Jim's Gem 10-24-2008 09:15 PM

Thank you everyone, I appreciate the encouraging words!! We still can't get the laptop turned on. Tried taking out the battery and reinstalling it. My son in law just last month replaced the hard drive, I sure hope I didn't destroy this one so soon!!
I did get to join my friends and get some sewing in tonight. I was great to get together with them, I havn't been able to sew at a UFO night since before my surgery in April. So I feel a little better tonight.

MsSage 10-25-2008 07:26 AM

Gayle I am sorry for your frustration
I unsderstand ALL TOO WELL about kids being gone and missing them.
Laptops are funny sometimes they will overheat and can get bumped around ( you dont know till they dont start)
Computers are "suppose" to make our life easier....LOL

Sending hugs and prayers

Marcia 10-25-2008 09:32 AM

Gayle-if it's not one thing, it's everything. I am soooo sorry you are frustrated. Computers are fantastic..............until they don't do what we want them to. Hopefully your son in law can solve that problem and get you back on track.

I know you miss your kids and worry about them. That's just what moms do. Here is a hug for you. I know it does not solve anything, but you and your kids are in my thoughts and prayers.

Now, go pour a glass of something good to drink, eat some chocolate and see if the world is looking a little better.

Quilt4u 10-25-2008 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So sorry you are haveing a bad day. Here is a big hug. And I hope your day is better tomorrow.

GailG 10-29-2008 05:47 PM

And we're told that electronics (and all the other "new" inventions) are supposed to make our lives easier. What about our foremothers who had a treadle machine and embroidery hoop. Shucks, they sure had it hard. :lol: Turn the light off in your sewing room, take a warm bath, pick up the remote or a trashy book. You'll probably fall asleep on the TV or the book. In the morning, you'll have a different perspective and will do fine. Have you ever read the children's book ALEXANDER'S HORRIBLE, NO-GOOD, VERY BAD DAY. At the end it says, "Mom says some days are like that." I'm praying for your children in the service of our country. Thank them for me.

Gail