Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fundraiser Quilt Ideas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fundraiser-quilt-ideas-t88935.html)

DebinNY 01-09-2011 09:44 AM

Thanks Dottie, I was thinking $1 a ticket or 6 for $5... I'm sure that many people will take a chance at a handmade quilt for $1, I know I would. :)

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
I would sell raffle tickets rather than expect i person to buy the quilt. And have a lot of small gifty items that someone can purchase.

dakotamaid 01-09-2011 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by wanderingcreek
I agree with the non themed idea using the blue colors.

Stars seem to be a universal favorite. Just my thought, :-D

DebinNY 01-09-2011 09:54 AM

Thank you all for your quick response and your great ideas!!! :)

Now off to the sewing machine... ;)

Vanuatu Jill 01-09-2011 11:11 AM

Please keep us posted-and post photos for us!

DebinNY 01-12-2011 04:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
:) Update on the fundraiser quilt...
This is what I finally came up with. 52"x68" Quick & easy... I am very pleased with it...
I would like to get it quilted at the LQS (inexpensively, I hope) A lady that I work with also works part time at the LQS. I am going to take it to work with me tomorrow & see what she can do...
Thank you all for your ideas... :)

up close
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159099[/ATTACH]

Full view (closer match to true color... very rich blue & brown)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159100[/ATTACH]

jetnica 01-12-2011 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by DebinNY
Thanks Dottie, I was thinking $1 a ticket or 6 for $5... I'm sure that many people will take a chance at a handmade quilt for $1, I know I would. :)

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
I would sell raffle tickets rather than expect i person to buy the quilt. And have a lot of small gifty items that someone can purchase.

I did that for my school - and we made over $100. My issue was that I was auctioning off the chance for a t-shirt quilt, (i.e. the winner gave me their shirts and I made them a personalized quilt) but in reality everyone just wanted *my* quilt that was already done.

they wanted to win what they could see. -- we're thinking of getting another one together that is more generalized to auction off this year - but it might not happen until next year.

luckylindy333 01-12-2011 06:02 PM

Very pretty quilt- people love blue, you should sell lots of raffle tickets. Sorry about your friend's illness (((hugs))).

Elise1 01-12-2011 06:13 PM

Beautiful quilt, Deb. I hope it raises a lot of money.

I am currently working on a similar pattern but I am having trouble getting the small dark brown squares to line up correctly. How did you piece the top to get it so perfectly aligned. Your quilt looks great!

Thanks,
Elise

Maride 01-12-2011 06:40 PM

Can you start selling raffle tickets before the fundraiser and raffle the quilt after? If you try to sell tickets on the day of the fundraiser only you may not get much. Can you auction it instead during the fundraiser? You want to raise ore than you spend making it. Is beautiful. Good luck.

DebinNY 01-12-2011 07:03 PM

Thank you, Elise.

I made sure the pieces were cut exactly the right size and "nested" the seams. I ironed toward the darker color and butted them close together. And pinned... ALOT! I hope this helps...

Originally Posted by Elise1
Beautiful quilt, Deb. I hope it raises a lot of money.

I am currently working on a similar pattern but I am having trouble getting the small dark brown squares to line up correctly. How did you piece the top to get it so perfectly aligned. Your quilt looks great!

Thanks,
Elise