Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Future BOM solutions - just bouncing ideas around here! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/future-bom-solutions-just-bouncing-ideas-around-here-t923.html)

dorisone 08-14-2007 03:19 PM

:lol:
I have a question about BOM. I noticed you have pictures of these but no patterns. Why not?
I am sure some one would like them.

dorisone

Yvonne 08-14-2007 03:21 PM

dorisone,
go to the top of the main page here and click on the bom rules and list. All of the patterns are there.

dorisone 08-14-2007 03:21 PM

:mrgreen: I enjoy reading these post. The actual patterns would be much appreciated.

dorisone 08-14-2007 03:26 PM

:oops: Thank you being new is hard

k_jupiter 08-14-2007 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by dorisone

Being new around here is brutal. Watch out for that Tim guy.

He will steal the varigated thread right out from your needle and then send you off to look for flight line at the airport gift shop.

tim in san jose

Yvonne 08-14-2007 04:22 PM

Don't worry about being new. We all were at one time or another. Some more recently than others. If you have a question be sure to ask it. Otherwise you'll not learn or find what you're looking for.

Tim, play nice!

k_jupiter 08-14-2007 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Yvonne

Tim, play nice!

Me? Moi? Who??? (Batting his eyes innocently)

tim

skjquiltnut 08-28-2010 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Admin
I don't think having more than one block per month solves the waiting list problem. It just reduces waiting period from 3 years to 18 months, which still seems like a long time.

Right now, I only see two solutions:

- Create a separate category for BOMs and allow many people to post their blocks at the same time. That way, we would have more than two blocks each month and anybody could choose to complete as many blocks as they want. Each BOM would have its own thread, and the only requirement would be not to cross-post in other people's BOM threads, so everything is kept separate.

- Have multiple nominations each month and run the poll. Everybody would vote on the block they like the most, and at the end of the month, the winner (maybe the top two) become the official BOM(s) for the following month.

I see potential problems with both of these approaches, but those are the only ways I see that eliminate the waiting list.

See! This is a big part of the why and how this Board works so well....Yea! Admin

patricej 08-28-2010 04:53 PM

i'm sure he'll appreciate the compliment, but this conversation ended 3 years ago. ;-) :lol:

skjquiltnut 08-28-2010 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i'm sure he'll appreciate the compliment, but this conversation ended 3 years ago. ;-) :lol:

LOL. I have been known to be a bubble-head at times. Thanks for all you do and Thanks again for helping me find BOM info. :thumbup: see ya around the Board