Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   FYI - Walmart (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fyi-walmart-t50411.html)

Rachelcb80 06-19-2010 05:49 PM

I very rarely shop at Walmart but my husband and I needed something really quick on the way home at 10 o'clock. Not a lot still open then. We swung by the Walmart that's on the way home. I hadn't been in it in a loooong time so I was surprised at all the remodeling going on. They no longer had the fabric section but in the craft area had the same cut and hanging fabric that other posters mentioned above. There were fat quarters on up to 2 yard cuts.

erstan947 06-19-2010 06:00 PM

Ours----45 miles from home.....none

no1jan 06-19-2010 06:05 PM

Our local Walmart has barely anything left in the craft dept. No fabric at all, just sewing machines and now they've brought the kids crafts to the aisles from the toy section. I think shortly I am going to be totally out of luck.

The last time I went end they had an end cap with some of their craft items at reduced prices. Not that reduced!

They still have yarn but it has shrunk from 2 1/2 aisles to 1/2 an aisle.

I am so dissapointed as there isn't a fabric store less than 20 miles from my house, and I live near 5 malls.

Jeanniejo 06-19-2010 06:19 PM

I live in Halifax Va and our WM still has just bolts.

Windwalker 06-19-2010 06:23 PM

Our Wal-Mart emptied the fabric department about a year ago. Tonight I chewed on the store manager about not having the fabric. Evidently I wasn't the only one he has received complaints from. He said the fabric department was always in the hole. Because some of the employees didn't know how to measure and would over shoot by a couple of inches. So at the end of the year when they did inventory with lots of material over cut and not paid for, they were in the hole.

craftybear 06-19-2010 06:36 PM

when our Walmart remodel, all fabric gone

thismomquilts 06-19-2010 07:08 PM

Our newly renovated WM has the fabric of which you speak... two yard choices, one yard choices, fat quarters and jelly rolls - still have to be careful of the quality - oh and charm packs also - 170 charms for 13.00!!

dkabasketlady 06-19-2010 07:25 PM

I live almost the same distance to four Wal-Marts and only one still has fabric on bolts. Why only two yd. cuts? What if someone wanted three yards for a queen size quilt backing? They'd have to buy 4 - 2yd. cuts and sew them together in sections and have alot of waste of fabric. I'd definitely have to go somewhere else - Internet sales or LQS!!

lclang 06-19-2010 07:40 PM

Note to Walmart, I will not buy the two yard cuts. I usually buy more than that and I don't want to piece it. So you can keep the ready cut stuff!

walen 06-19-2010 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by lclang
Note to Walmart, I will not buy the two yard cuts. I usually buy more than that and I don't want to piece it. So you can keep the ready cut stuff!

I'm with you! What were they thinking, two yards?