Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Getting ready to go on Quilt Retreat need advice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/getting-ready-go-quilt-retreat-need-advice-t204762.html)

NCannie 10-31-2012 01:41 PM

Getting ready to go on Quilt Retreat need advice

going on first Quilt Retreat this weekend. For anyone who has been on one what would you recommend that I make sure and take, besides my sewing machine(of course).

CorgiNole 10-31-2012 01:58 PM

Fabric
Pattern
Thread
Extra Needles
Marking Tools
Cutting Tools

Back-up project in case you finish or get bored with the one you are working on.

Seat cushion (or even your own chair if you have doubts about what will be available)

Clothes (outer and under)
Medicines (if you need them)
Cell phone charger (even if you leave the phone in your bedroom, it is nice to keep it charged)

Snacks if not provided by retreat (or if you have dietary needs)
Cup with lid
Cash in case you want to go out to eat with friends.

Hopefully others will chime in as well (I feel like I've been killing threads today).

Cheers, K

LyndaOH 10-31-2012 02:08 PM

Here's my checklist:

Quilting Stuff
Batting for design wall
Bobbins
Chair and/or Cushion
Cutting Mat
Extension Cord
Extra Needles
Light
Marking Pen
Pen & paper
Pigma Pen
Pincushion
Rotary Blades
Rotary Cutter
Rulers
Scissors, fabric
Scissors, paper
Screw Driver
Seam Ripper
Sewing Machine
Sewing Machine cord and foot pedal, instruction book
Sewing Machine feet
Snips
Stilletto
Thread
Projects
Medical info just in case
Camera & batteries
Tablet/iPad & charger
Cell phone & charger
Tissues
Snack to share

quilt addict 10-31-2012 02:08 PM

Good list. I would add:

Extension cord and/or plug strip
Table light like an Ott light if you have one
Extra fat quarters for trading or games
Bottle or two of wine

Book to read in case you need to take a break from sewing.

Good attitude and open mind. You will have a great time!

Scissor Queen 10-31-2012 02:38 PM

One of the things we needed at our retreat destination is 3 prong to 2 prong extension cord adapters.

SewpahDewpah 10-31-2012 02:43 PM

Chocolates

Gramie bj 10-31-2012 02:46 PM

Some place on here Crafty (I think) started a thread on what to take it was very itemised I printed it out about 2 pages worth, a lot of members worked on it. take extras of everything! Don't forget your machine power cord and have fun!

pinecone 10-31-2012 02:49 PM

I put an address label on the foot pedal of my machine as well as on my rulers, rotary cutter, cutting board, camera and extension cord/power strip. I like my itty bitty book light so I can read and not bother anyone if you are sharing a room. Get plenty of rest as you might be too busy giggling to sleep much there.

piney

ArtsyOne 10-31-2012 02:53 PM

Definitely mark everything you take, and take extras of everything. It's a good way to make friends if someone has forgotten their seam ripper or marking pencil and you just happen to have one.

Beck55 10-31-2012 03:31 PM

just came back from one last weekend. Extra bulb for sewing machine - one ladies bulb blew, slippers - had them on all weekend. Have a good time!