Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The ghost took it! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ghost-took-t251366.html)

Jackie Spencer 08-05-2014 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by tapper (Post 6832655)
Did you sew 2 blocks together in one corner?

I have done this before also, hope you find it!!

Jan in VA 08-05-2014 11:09 AM

I just did this a week ago with a pair of favorite scissors. Bearisgray asked if I'd checked my bra.... :D:D:D

Take a tea break and do something else for a while. It's probably sitting right in front of you. :)

Jan in VA

bearisgray 08-05-2014 11:23 AM

Could you have set something down on it - and when you picked the something up to move it, the last block went along?

Sewnoma 08-05-2014 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 6833342)
I just did this a week ago with a pair of favorite scissors. Bearisgray asked if I'd checked my bra.... :D:D:D

Take a tea break and do something else for a while. It's probably sitting right in front of you. :)

Jan in VA

Well? Is that where they were?? LOL

I was getting mad at work one day because apparently someone STOLE MY FAVORITE PEN right out from under my nose! I had it in my hands just a second ago, and someone had just been there, and I was sure they'd taken it. I was looking all over for it to make sure I didn't still have it, getting madder and madder as I was not finding it, and started slapping my hands down on my stuff on my desk to make sure it wasn't hidden under any paperwork. A coworker, noticing I was angrily searching my desk, asked me what I was looking for. I reached up and took my pen out of my mouth so I could explain.....oh. There it is!

I was pretty embarrassed. Teach me to go jumping to conclusions...

tapper 08-05-2014 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma (Post 6833439)

I was getting mad at work one day because apparently someone STOLE MY FAVORITE PEN right out from under my nose! I had it in my hands just a second ago, and someone had just been there, and I was sure they'd taken it. I was looking all over for it to make sure I didn't still have it, getting madder and madder as I was not finding it, and started slapping my hands down on my stuff on my desk to make sure it wasn't hidden under any paperwork. A coworker, noticing I was angrily searching my desk, asked me what I was looking for. I reached up and took my pen out of my mouth so I could explain.....oh. There it is!

Oh, that is priceless! Thanks for the laugh.

Sandygirl 08-05-2014 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by tapper (Post 6832655)
Did you sew 2 blocks together in one corner?

WOW! This idea has been repeated a few times in this thread. I would never think of this. I will look!

Sandy

illinois 08-06-2014 03:43 AM

All things being as they usually are, once you have struggled to make another block, you will find the missing one! Seriously, have you looked behind the sewing machine cabinet? I find things have slipped over the edge here. Anxious to hear if you've found the escaped block.

Boston1954 08-06-2014 04:01 AM

When I cannot find something, I try to remind myself that considering the size of the planet, my search area is rather small. It has to be someplace. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Seaside gal 08-06-2014 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma (Post 6833439)

That is so funny. I think I spend half my time looking for lost things. Usually I have carried it to another room.

nstitches4u 08-06-2014 04:44 AM

Do you have a cat? My kitty borrows blocks, strips, whatever from my sewing studio.