Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Giving up "too much" for quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/giving-up-%22too-much%22-quilting-t62831.html)

Fancy Nancy 09-05-2010 07:40 PM

between quilting and this forum i find i read less than i used to. still watch tv but only b/c is on when quilting so don't really watch it too close. cleaning? ha! but at least now i have a better excuse why house is clean - since my family benefits from my quilts (gifts etc) they don't dare complain!

RugosaB 09-05-2010 07:45 PM

In my new sewing room, the machine table faces the tv, and there's a cd player on a shelf, so I can sew and enjoy them at the same time.
Right next to my sewing table is my elliptical machine. It sure looks nice, good thing, that's the only place it could be. It faces the tv too, I guess so they can keep each other company when I'm not there. I suppose the ekkiptical can be used to hang fabric?

It gives me something nice to look at if I choose to. Can you tell it doean't have many miles on it?

zz-pd 09-05-2010 07:54 PM

Quilting has added to my life, as I can't do things because I am disabled, so I actuly get some excersize because I hobble in the kitchen to iron. God bless.

cr12cats 09-05-2010 08:14 PM

Doesn't this site count for reading?LOL

janmwalker 09-06-2010 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by ksea

Originally Posted by Crickett Sweet
My quilt guild asked me to be the featured quillter for our upcoming show (Oct. 2nd and 3rd) IN my efforts to complete 30 quilts for the show, I have given up a summer of golf. Next summer, I'm not going near my sewing machine!

WOW!!! To have an honor like that given to you must make you very proud. Congratulations!!!

That is something to be very proud of, Congrats! (Jan)

probison 09-06-2010 09:56 AM

I have given up my genealogy, cleaning and some cooking. Thank goodness I have a husband who loves to cook!

Sassy913 09-06-2010 10:31 AM

It is true that we can become over focused on a project and ignore some of our necessities, like exercise and healthy eating. But maybe we should gather a few gals of like interest together here and compare ways to reinvent a healthier routine...like walking 10 minutes every day before going into the sewing mode, or measuring out our meals early in the day so that we don't run to the refrig to snack when we find ourselves hungry during a focused session. Would anyone like to be involved in such an accountability project??? It could be fun and very rewarding.

Dee 09-06-2010 10:53 AM

I fully agree with np3. I don't feel guilty at all. Cuz it was hard work getting to this point in life. Now I enjoy the things I never had time to squeeze in when I worked.

Annya 09-06-2010 02:38 PM

I don't feel guilty, I worked hard and now I can only some things with light exercise and since I am home alone mostly during the day, the house is clean and I have only myself to worry about. I have been doing the twist( you remember that dance) it is my way of exercise and tone up at the same time. 5 minutes is all my back will take at one time so I do it a few times during the day. I am not giving up any thing I like doing at all.

judytudy 09-06-2010 03:02 PM

Quilting isn't an exercise? OMG that explains it!