Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Gloves for FMQ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/gloves-fmq-t110971.html)

rahaube 03-27-2011 07:20 PM

I just got the Machingers gloves from a LQS and they do work well. They are thin enough you don't have to take them off to thread a needle or do other things. I don't know anything about the other brands.

chuckbere15 03-27-2011 09:27 PM

I went to Graingers and bought a pair of glove with blue dots that stick quite nice to fabric and string for $1.

makin 03-27-2011 10:45 PM

Machiners are available online at Quilt in a Day. I love them.

vschieve 03-28-2011 06:20 AM

A friend in Washington sent me a pair of FMQ disks you hold down on the fabric which grip. She said they are sold in two quilt stores in her area. Just got them Friday; can't wait to give them a whirl. I hear they are marvelous for those that don't want to wear gloves.

They are called Stitch and Grip Quilting Disks and the website is under construction.

TexasGurl 03-28-2011 07:38 AM

It sounds like you bought the F&P Klutz glove for rotary cutting protection ... machine quilting gloves always come in pairs.

penski 03-28-2011 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by makin
Machiners are available online at Quilt in a Day. I love them.

i just got a e-mail from Quilt in a Day site and they are offering free shipping

quiltmom04 03-28-2011 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree

Originally Posted by quiltmom04

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
I use the ones that look like gardening gloves. Actually, I got them at the garden store and used them for quite a while before they were marketed as FMQ gloves!

OMGosh! That is a beautiful quilt! I'm impressed 8-)

Thanks! I got a 2nd place at a guild show several years ago.

Second??? I can not begin to imaging what took First!

I don't even remember. I think it was paper pieced.

madamekelly 03-28-2011 01:29 PM

If not work gloves try knit gloves with the 'gripper dots'. That's what I use, and they work fine.

Annya 03-29-2011 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I am thinking that the FMQ on a larger quilt might be easier if I have these grippy gloves..I was told to get Machingers...but they are no longer available via my distributor.
Here are my choices..Grabaroos(they are purple), quilter's Nitrile touch(various colors, look like water proof gardening gloves), Ergonomic Sewgrip gloves(look like surgical gloves), and machine quilting Grip gloves..(look knitted with dots on them)

any ideas, suggestions, HELP...thanks

I just use a pair of cheap garden gloves with the rubber dot on them. I bought a pack of 6 gloves. they work just as good as the expensive ones and are not as tight on my hands and I have small hands.

misseva 03-29-2011 08:45 AM

I just experimented with cheap gardening gloves from the dollar store. After cutting off the thumb and the pointer finger from both hands, these worked better than the expensive "quilting" gloves that I recently purchased.

BTW, my across the hall neighbor just stopped by. She wanted to see what all of the racket was. Said it sounded like a rapid fire machine gun. Ah, the sweet sounds of FMQ!

I too use cheap gardening gloves and I did cut off the tips of the index finger and thumb. Makes all the difference when you don't have to remove your gloves to pick up pins, etc.