Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   On the go (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/go-t211697.html)

omgtimmcgraw 01-22-2013 01:01 PM

On the go

I was wonder what makes a complete sewing box?

seems like everytime I go to my mothers house which a Is 1 1/2 hour away. Seems like I over pack with supplies

i want to make a sewing box that I can just pick up and walk out the door with. What would you put in your box. If it was up to me I would take everything lol
lol i am planing on leaving town for a week and will take the quilt I am working on and of course machine but don't have a lot of room in car with all the baby stuff lol just need a perfectly packed box help

patricej 01-22-2013 01:12 PM

pack:
1 clean pair of socks
1 clean set of undergarments
1 clean t-shirt
1 clean pair of jeans
1 pair sneakers
1 set jammies, robe & slippers
laundry detergent

plus as much of your sewing room as you can cram into the car.

if hubby and kid(s) don't fit, tell them to fly or take the bus. LOL LOL LOL

omgtimmcgraw 01-22-2013 01:15 PM

I was thinking the same lol.

love 2 sew 01-22-2013 01:19 PM

Take only one project & what you think you'll need for that project only. Also think about getting duplicates of things on sale so that you can leave them there.

quilt addict 01-22-2013 02:16 PM

For me it is needle, thread and RIPPER.

QuiltnNan 01-22-2013 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ (Post 5805551)
pack:
1 clean pair of socks
1 clean set of undergarments
1 clean t-shirt
1 clean pair of jeans
1 pair sneakers
1 set jammies, robe & slippers
laundry detergent

plus as much of your sewing room as you can cram into the car.

if hubby and kid(s) don't fit, tell them to fly or take the bus. LOL LOL LOL

Hysterical!!!!!!

quilttiger 01-22-2013 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by love 2 sew (Post 5805575)
Take only one project & what you think you'll need for that project only. Also think about getting duplicates of things on sale so that you can leave them there.

It is a good idea to take more than one project...sometimes you need a break from the project and go on to another project. I have taken as many as 4 or 5 projects in different stages to a quilt retreat and I rotate among them.

Having duplicates of your tools and leaving them at your mom's home for later visits is a great idea!!! One less thing to pack and you won't forget anything, too.

omgtimmcgraw 01-22-2013 04:40 PM

Very true. Like the ideas after baby go to bed will see what I can come up with

kaelynangelfoot 01-22-2013 04:47 PM

I have one of those paper boxes (the heavy duty ones that reams of paper are shipped in). In it I can fit my thread box, bobbins, scissors/cutting tools, rulers, marking tools, spare needles, my iron, and typically enough of a project or two to keep me busy. It takes a bit of planning (I used to take all my fabric bins, etc and it would often feel like it took more time to pack and unpack than was spent working) but its totally worth it. So while travelling somewhere else to quilt, I have my sewing machine, one box of supplies, and a mini ironing board.

mighty 01-22-2013 05:31 PM

I to have to agree with QuiltnNan!!!!! So funny!!!