Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Goo Gone to the rescue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/goo-gone-rescue-t268968.html)

JanineH 08-19-2015 01:21 PM

Goo Gone to the rescue

3 Attachment(s)
I'm cutting circles out of old jeans using the Olfa circle cutter. One video I watched said to use basting spray on the cutting mat to keep the denim from bunching up. My mat was all sticky and the residue wouldn't wash off. I tried using Goo Gone and it worked! I still need to clean it more but I have a lot more circles to cut. I'm going to buy a new mat anyway when Joanns has then 50% off.[ATTACH=CONFIG]528221[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]528222[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]528223[/ATTACH]

ManiacQuilter2 08-19-2015 01:28 PM

That is great. I like getting the Omnigrid mats that are thicker and wear better but they are only online at JAF.

tranum 08-19-2015 01:39 PM

Goo Gone is my friend ! I often find uses for it and here's another.

just_the_scraps_m'am 08-19-2015 02:22 PM

wow, those circles are huge! i should have known there was an ez tool to cut circles...oh well, i'm using pinking shears to defray the fraying...LOL that's good to know that googone will remove the fuzzies, though.....

bearisgray 08-19-2015 02:26 PM

Is your blade getting dull? Sometimes I have to work really hard when blade is getting dull and then I get gouges in my mat.

Onebyone 08-19-2015 02:38 PM

I found something I like better then Goo Gone. UnDu. It doesn't leave any film or strong smell. It is what pros use to remove old photos that are stuck together or stuck to glass frames. It's safe and works and evaporates. I buy it at WalMart in the craft section.

tessagin 08-19-2015 02:49 PM

I have both. and like them both. DH uses also.

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7291247)
I found something I like better then Goo Gone. UnDu. It doesn't leave any film or strong smell. It is what pros use to remove old photos that are stuck together or stuck to glass frames. It's safe and works and evaporates. I buy it at WalMart in the craft section.

nvb50 08-19-2015 05:26 PM

Pure Citrus Air Freshener Orange<!--5.08.0 --> works better than anything that I have ever used and it smells good also. It removes anything and everything sticky

Snooze2978 08-20-2015 10:23 AM

I was using my rotating mat on the cutting 4 directions for the disappearing hourglass. 1st I sprayed the fabric..........bad move. Then I decided to spray the mat.............another bad move for me. Finally I sprayed the ruler I was using and that worked for me. I used "505" as that's what I had on hand. I took the ruler to the sink to wash off the sticky spray with no problems.

copycat 08-21-2015 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7291247)

Thank you for the tip of using UnDu.