Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A good hand lotion,,,,any suggestions? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/good-hand-lotion-any-suggestions-t116488.html)

Quilted Nana 04-17-2011 05:36 PM

I purchased "Two Old Goats" at a Quilt show and I love it. It is an Essential Lotion, non-greasy, fast absorbing and eases discomfort of swelling tendons , joints and muscles.

It has goats milk base with aloe, almond oil, 4 natural anti-inflammatory essential oils, french lavender, rosemaru, eucalyptus and peppermint. $15.00 /8 fld oz.

It is wonderful on my arthritic hands.Helps me to keep on going with me quilting.

Her is the web site: www.twooldgoats.com

BobbiSue 04-17-2011 05:42 PM

My favorite lotion is one put out by Dionis... It's called moisturizing Goat Milk. My very favorite is Hand & Body Lotion Blue Ridge Wildflower. Like many on here, my hands get very dry. On the back it says this: A specially blended formula containing all the natural moisturizing qualities of Goat's Milk. It absorbs quickly and completely for lasting protection. Lightly fragranced with Blue Ridge Wildflower. Good luck!

suzsews 04-17-2011 05:48 PM

Being a nurse, my poor hands suffer constant abuse, esp. in winter. Frequent handwashing, alcohol-based hand cleaners. I have made my own "recipe" slightly different from one posted earlier--large bottle of pink baby lotion, small jar of vaseline, 2-4 oz. jars of fruit of the earth vitamin E cream. Good to smooth all over body; esp, on hands.

nativetexan 04-17-2011 05:49 PM

OH i just found a great one!!! it's by Neutrogena and called Moisture Wrap. comes in a tall tube. the top is a red burgundy color, then white and then black where the Neutrogena name is. about $8.00 and worth it.
my heels have started getting dry and rough due to some slip on rubber sole shoes i've been wearing. i've tried scrubbing, and all sorts of lotions.
the first time i used this one, wonderful!! i use it daily now and am very happy!!! :thumbup:

nativetexan 04-17-2011 05:50 PM

OH i just found a great one!!! it's by Neutrogena and called Moisture Wrap. comes in a tall tube. the top is a red burgundy color, then white and then black where the Neutrogena name is. about $8.00 and worth it.
my heels have started getting dry and rough due to some slip on rubber sole shoes i've been wearing. i've tried scrubbing, and all sorts of lotions.
the first time i used this one, wonderful!! i use it daily now and am very happy!!! :thumbup:

GrannyHanaDa 04-17-2011 06:16 PM

Gloves in a Bottle is wonderful.

You can put it on and go right back to working with fabric or knitting and it will not leave a grease film on your hands or project.

Keeps your hands protected up to 4 hours if you don't put them in water.

bjdemir 04-17-2011 07:10 PM

I also like gloves in a bottle. I have also found another product called Corium 21. It is very expensive, however it will go down through 12 layers of skin and when you wash your hands it keeps coming up to the surface. It will last up to 12 hours even if you wash your hands several times. So only need to use twice a day and not very much. Makes your hands smooth but not greasy. I use it before sewing and it does not rub off on the material. It is also medicinal, will help with cracked skin, psorisis also. Will not cure, but will lessen the severity. If interest your can google Medcream.com. I found it at the state fair last year. I gave my daughter a sample jar of as she runs the Cafe in the bowling alley her and hubby own and had very dry hands. She just loves it. I gave her a large jar for Chrismas and she was delighted.

littlharley 04-17-2011 08:35 PM

Utter Cream works wonders !!!!! :0) keeps your hands soft and smooth... it used to be used for cow utters when milking... they sellit at most fabric stores:0) hope it helps ya.

Paisleyc 04-17-2011 09:44 PM

As a nurse, you get use to washing your hands all the time. At work it is hard to use anything on a regular basis, but at home there are two that Dr.'s recommend for sensitive skin and allergies. Eucerin and Lubriderm creams. Lotions are too runny, you need a cream that sticks to the skin and can be worked in. What ever you use should have a high lanolin content. That is the good fat that helps. Using the cream before you go to bed and put on white gloves will help the most. If you continue to have problems, see a dermatologist (skin allergy doctor).

Let us know how you do. Others with the same problems might like to know and don't feel comfortable talking on the website.

Carol form NC

milikaa1 04-18-2011 08:11 AM

My friend buys hers from Crabtree and Evelyn (sp), it is for diabetics, I dont remember the name but it is wonderful!