Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Got Some Grrrr Help - See the Great Results! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/got-some-grrrr-help-see-great-results-t52159.html)

C.Cal Quilt Girl 06-30-2010 06:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ran across the tut for the D9P, cool so lets try... Picked some out of the stash. this I'll work. First layout didn't work for me, so decided to use this way. All's Good and then I noticed: :shock:
Could this be Rayon, have never had happen before, and whats it going to do when I'm done and laundered. Not pressing any more thats for sure.
:cry: What do you think ???

up close looks like it shrank
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84663[/ATTACH]

erstan947 06-30-2010 06:26 PM

I had that problem with some fabric I used. I did not press anymore and finished the quilt. After I quilt it I'll wash it and see what happens. Try using a cooler iron.
I consider it a live and learn....Move on.

mom-6 06-30-2010 06:26 PM

Not sure what type of fabric melts that way...acrylic maybe? I remember an iron print on the front of a favorite dress from my college years...

momymom 06-30-2010 06:26 PM

do a burn test on a scrap. Cotton will produce ash, a synthitic blend will ball up, look like plastic and stink.

Butterflyblue 06-30-2010 06:37 PM

I would guess it's a poly-cotton blend, heavy on the poly. I've had that happen with poly-cottons before. Try using a cooler iron. I haven't had any problems in laundering them.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 06-30-2010 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by momymom
do a burn test on a scrap. Cotton will produce ash, a synthitic blend will ball up, look like plastic and stink.

It's a synthetic.... Thanks for the tip!

Pam 06-30-2010 07:05 PM

Aw, heck, just sew on the border! It will be OK! Are you making a quilt or painting the Cistine Chapel? Seriously, it will be fine. Trust me, we have all worked with worse than this. One 3" square is not going to make or break this quilt. It is very pretty, and no one besides you will know when it is done.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 06-30-2010 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pam
Aw, heck, just sew on the border! It will be OK! Are you making a quilt or painting the Cistine Chapel? Seriously, it will be fine. Trust me, we have all worked with worse than this. One 3" square is not going to make or break this quilt. It is very pretty, and no one besides you will know when it is done.

L.O.L. Thanks!

sueisallaboutquilts 06-30-2010 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pam

I just burst out laughing at the Chapel reference !!! :D:D:D

Candace 06-30-2010 07:39 PM

Yup. Make your border seam 1/2" and no one will know.