Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Gotta Haves/Wish List (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/gotta-haves-wish-list-t254976.html)

feffertim 10-10-2014 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by sewmini (Post 6921590)
My wish is to have a long enough life to use up all my stash.

Haha I second this

feffertim 10-10-2014 07:56 AM

My most important well used items are my stiletto, my bendable bright lite, and of course rotary cutters and mat. Also my wonder clips are a must have for me

Caswews 10-10-2014 07:58 AM

Oh I have a wish list (looking for it, is this it? No its the grocery list, how about this? no its what I have to tell the vet at my furbaby's appt, sigh .. I give up; I think the sewing gremlins took it!).. geesh too much fabric, yarn OH WAIT !!! never too much .. :-)

gramma nancy 10-10-2014 08:27 AM

I'm not a big gadget person and I have a FW and a beautiful Bernina 440 DH gave me a few years ago, so my wants are few. That said, I am eager to try the Kia scissors everyone is talking about and have asked for a pair for Christmas.

misseva 10-10-2014 09:29 AM

I have everything everyone else has mentioned. I have the Go! but now I want the electric one. May have to buy it for myself for Christmas, or maybe in honor of my daughter's birthday or in memory of my mom's bday, shucks, I should just order it - Right?

Buckeye Rose 10-10-2014 10:02 AM

I used to sew in our extra bedroom turned into a computer room. It took me a few years, but I finally kicked hubby and all the computer stuff out. It was the best move ever! I now have everything in one space(sewing machine in table, cutting table, ironing board, storage areas), even tho it is still a bit small. I can close the door to keep the cats out, as wel, as keep the mess out of sight.

madamekelly 10-10-2014 11:39 AM

The only thing on my wish list is more time to sew.

donna13350 10-10-2014 11:54 AM

That would be a GREAT idea for this board! We could have a wish list section so people that are shopping for us for X-mas, birthdays, etc. could go there and see a list of what we'd REALLY like as gifts!!! We could even list the products , and the best places to buy, or even places we'd like gift certificates for!

sewnsewsue 10-10-2014 05:57 PM

I love my Ikea bright lights-a bargain for $9.99! I also love really thin,sharp glass head pins. The Clover pins are great especially the 0.4 mm ones! They go through the fabric like butter and don't distort it. The Clover fork pins are wonderful too. I also like the Fons and Porter quarter and half square ruler. It seems every pattern needs flying geese and half square triangles. I hate trimming so using this ruler eliminates that! These are my favorite tools. Little things make me happy!

quiltingshorttimer 10-10-2014 07:37 PM

I "discovered" 2 things at a retreat this week--a Big Time hands free magnifier that I bought at a quilt show a week ago and my Dr. Scholls $20 vibrating, heating seat pad for my office chair. With that set up I sewed for 3 days and no back ache!! Made me sit up very straight and was just perfect.
My wish list right now would be a real design wall (I use the guest room bed) and either a ScanN Cut or Shilouette Cameo. But I'm getting a new knee instead....