Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Great Sale! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/great-sale-t195250.html)

SueJ 07-21-2012 04:04 AM

They had the same sale here. I was fingering it thinking it was really nice material, but I stopped myself as I have alot of fabric that will keep me busy for at least the next 3 years plus there was a line at the cutting table.
Sue

Lilrain 07-21-2012 04:08 AM

you are way too funny! I just couldn't resist a great sale at Craft Warehaouse today. got flat fold batiks for $4 a yard, and they were the good quality ones

Lori S 07-21-2012 04:43 AM

Did they need to call the extra beefy stock boy to help you get it to your car?.... What fun with all that fabric.

karenpatrick 07-21-2012 04:58 AM

I wonder if all the Walmarts are having the same sale. I was just there yesterday but didn't go near the fabric dept. Oh well, maybe I can think of some reason to go today.

ontheriver 07-21-2012 05:09 AM

Our walmart has been working putting the fabric dept back finally. No sale fabrics yet, just excited I don't have to drive an hour one way to buy, yeah.

jillnjo 07-21-2012 08:06 AM

Great find! I have bought some nice fabrics in recent months at Wal-mart. One thing I recommend is that you PRE-WASH all the fabrics as I have found some pieces that will shrink a substantial amount when washed!! And it was fabric that looked like pretty nice quality. Just wanting to share with you. I'm all for great deals, too!

susansomethings 07-21-2012 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by diamondee (Post 5381149)

:D:D:D OK I think I have the fabra-holic bug... went to Wally-World today and came out two hours later with 250+ yards of fabric. decent fabric too! I hope I like it all 10 years from now when I'm still trying to finish using it up :o

Oh I bet the lady working back there just was so happy with you..LOL ! Glad you had fun!

diamondee 07-21-2012 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by barri1 (Post 5381199)
What were you thinking? 250 yards is an lot..
Enjoy it

Well Barri1, I was thinking... this fabric goes with that fabric and wouldn't that look cute in the babies room. oooooh I could make curtains with this. I'm getting that to start a quilt for ME, and don't those butterflies look cute. etc.
On top of everything else I had my Mother with me who also quilts, she's retired and has a limited income, so she knows that she can come by and "shop" in my sewing room anytime she wants. If she looked at bolt of fabric I made sure I got some, I can unlike it later. but for now I think I'm done getting fabric :eek::( Hubby is reinforcing the 2nd 4X8 bookcase for me, he is such a sweetheart. I wonder how long it would take him to make me a 3rd one?

sharon b 07-21-2012 08:34 AM

Oh My Goodness you created a stash all in one swoop :thumbup: Have fun creating :)

deenajade 07-21-2012 08:44 AM

diamondee, you are my hero! I am going to go to 2 walmarts today. I know I won't top your haul, but I will give it a shot!:)