Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Great Sale!

Blog Entries

Great Sale!

OK I think I have the fabra-holic bug... went to Wally-World today and came out two hours later with 250+ yards of fabric. decent fabric too! I hope I like it all 10 years from now when I'm still trying to finish using it up

Wow!!

Did you leave any fabric for the other Fab-ro-holics?
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

All i can say is ...yikes! My store only carries some charms....waaaaa...i want your store!

What were you thinking? 250 yards is an lot..
    Enjoy it

WOW..worse than any shopping trip I ever made!! The new fabrics in My Wally World are really nice...Hope it was all on sale! watch for the clearance sales right before inventory..that's when they take 50% off the clearance price

Blog Entries
    I couldn't help it, the fabric was $1.00 a yard. they are redoing the dept. so they had a huge selection at $1.00 yd. I thought it would be the see-thru heavily sized/starched material I was surprised when it was decent .......Yes, I left quite a bit behind for other fabricholics. The lady in the dept. said that they had more in the back of the store, should they bring it out I told her that she wasn't going to be able to sleep with the trigger finger from cutting so much fabric and she will be hearing 3 yards in her sleep. bless her heart.

250 yards?????? Holly mollie!!!!!!!

Wow nice haul!!
    May you always have Love to Share , Health to Spare, and Friends that Care!

Yes, nice haul. You don't find sales like that very often! Wow. Neat.

Wow, I was Walmart yesterday and was beating myself up for buying 25 dollars worth of fabric. Our store just
    expanded their fabric section and had a large amount on sale for $2 a yard. Many of the fabrics are sold at
    the Jo-annes here. I was so happy to see the expansion as the threat of discontinuing crafts is always present.
    I love fabric....
    Karen

Finished is always better than PERFECT!!!!

They had the same sale here. I was fingering it thinking it was really nice material, but I stopped myself as I have alot of fabric that will keep me busy for at least the next 3 years plus there was a line at the cutting table.
    Sue

you are way too funny! I just couldn't resist a great sale at Craft Warehaouse today. got flat fold batiks for $4 a yard, and they were the good quality ones

Did they need to call the extra beefy stock boy to help you get it to your car?.... What fun with all that fabric.

I wonder if all the Walmarts are having the same sale. I was just there yesterday but didn't go near the fabric dept. Oh well, maybe I can think of some reason to go today.

Our walmart has been working putting the fabric dept back finally. No sale fabrics yet, just excited I don't have to drive an hour one way to buy, yeah.
    Jeanann

Theres nothing wrong with me a little chocolate won't fix.

Great find! I have bought some nice fabrics in recent months at Wal-mart. One thing I recommend is that you PRE-WASH all the fabrics as I have found some pieces that will shrink a substantial amount when washed!! And it was fabric that looked like pretty nice quality. Just wanting to share with you. I'm all for great deals, too!
    jillnjo

Quote Originally Posted by diamondee View Post

OK I think I have the fabra-holic bug... went to Wally-World today and came out two hours later with 250+ yards of fabric. decent fabric too! I hope I like it all 10 years from now when I'm still trying to finish using it up
    Oh I bet the lady working back there just was so happy with you..LOL ! Glad you had fun!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
    What were you thinking? 250 yards is an lot..
    Enjoy it
    Well Barri1, I was thinking... this fabric goes with that fabric and wouldn't that look cute in the babies room. oooooh I could make curtains with this. I'm getting that to start a quilt for ME, and don't those butterflies look cute. etc.
    On top of everything else I had my Mother with me who also quilts, she's retired and has a limited income, so she knows that she can come by and "shop" in my sewing room anytime she wants. If she looked at bolt of fabric I made sure I got some, I can unlike it later. but for now I think I'm done getting fabric Hubby is reinforcing the 2nd 4X8 bookcase for me, he is such a sweetheart. I wonder how long it would take him to make me a 3rd one?
    Last edited by diamondee; 07-21-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    Oh My Goodness you created a stash all in one swoop Have fun creating
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

diamondee, you are my hero! I am going to go to 2 walmarts today. I know I won't top your haul, but I will give it a shot!

Blog Entries
    You saved money by buying it at that price. Others will be buying it at $6-$8 a yard (that's what the price for better fabric at our new Walmart fabric dept now). When I find fabric for a drastic price cut it's not uncommon for me to buy $300 or more at one time. It's fun!
    Got fabric?

Dimondee, could you be a little more specific about the location of the WalMart you got so lucky at? I live half way between Binghamton and Syracuse. Thinking it might be well worth a little ride...... Also, your hubby might want to reinforce the floor joists too under the sewing room with a mother lode like that! Congrats on your winderful find.

And I thought my Wally world haul was bad! Or do I mean good? LOL! I found all kinds of nice yardage on clearance. Did you see the Simplicity rotary cutter machine for $15!! I had to snatch that up!

Enjoy your goodies!

And I thought I did really well when I went to Hancock Fabric and got 18 yards for $10.80...but I wasn't as kind as you, I didn't leave any behind...
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

If we all lived closer we'd have to come over and have a fabrific party to celebrate! lol That's a substantial haul!
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast