Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Great Sale!

WOW!!! That is incredible!!! Did you have to get a carry out?, LOL.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

our walmarts closed the fabric centers a couple of years ago. glad to know i should visit them out of town! you got a heck of a deal! now where to put it all! lol

Blog Entries
    I miss the fabric epartment at our local Wally world-I have to drive to one further away to get near fabric but I love the prices!!!!!!! Iused to take 25-40$ per pay and buy fabric and I get paid weekly!!!!!A girl can never have too much fabric and you can always SHARE with your Quilting Board friends!!!LOL

Wow, that's great! Our walmart has no fabric! When we lived in FL, the walmart there did, and I used to get a lot marked way down, some to 1.00 a yard. I like that David's Textiles, very good fabric in my opinion.
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Blog Entries
    We have a new store (about 2 years old) that carries a better line and quality of fabric than the JoAnn's store does anymore. Much better prices too. I have found that not all stores around me have the same quality, but this new one is great. They had a line of Fabric Traditions fabric, that was heavier weight cotton than I have seen even in quilt shops. It was $7.99 a yard and fabulous fabric. I was quite shocked! Wally world is worth checking into.

I'm in Maryland and the Wal Marts in my area completely got rid of their fabric section. There is ZERO fabric, and has been like that for years. I thought all Wal Marts were getting away from fabric but I see now that is not the case at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HilaryK8 View Post
    I'm in Maryland and the Wal Marts in my area completely got rid of their fabric section. There is ZERO fabric, and has been like that for years. I thought all Wal Marts were getting away from fabric but I see now that is not the case at all.
    Walmart did quit selling fabric awhile back. They got SOOOOO many complaints (I think most of them came from this board) that they made a corporate fabric to bring the fabric back in many of their stores. I heard last week that even some of the Walmarts that have no fabric now may get it in the future. There is no rhyme nor reason why some have fabric & some don't. Maybe yours will get fabric again soon.
    Diamondee, congratulations on your great find.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Score 1 for you!

My Wally's only has a piddlin fabric dept. But they do clearance some out so i do watch i scored some quilt kits for a great price. the yardage turned to be about 2$ a yard...

Blog Entries
    Have fun Quilting.

Blog Entries
    Holy Hannah!!! I once found fabric at $1.00 a meter and bought 32 meters. We were on holidays and I had to consider the room in the caravan. After I'd purchased it the lady said we can get that sent back to our store in your home state. Too late as by then others had fallen upon it too. There weren't a lot of different fabrics but I bought 4 meters of each for backing. I'd know better if I ever came across fabric at that price ever again.
    Anyway, congratulations. I hope you have plenty of room to stash it. Happy,happy quilting.

Good for you! What a stupendous haul! If I ever found a sale like that, I'd be like a kid in a candy store, and a cart in each hand. My Darling Hubby Unit would no doubt have a fit, no matter the price, if I showed up with 250 yards of fabric in one haul . . . but he'd recover. I've been sewing out of my stash for months now, without buying anything, and my stash is getting prettylow. It could use some refreshment, and there are some good sales around. I'm very picky, except for a few exceptional on line stores. I do like to "feel the fabric", and see it too, and hold up examples of what I have to see if they coordinate. Oh, how lucky you are! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! You're going to be so​ glad you did this, you wait and see! Kudos to you!
    Last edited by MacThayer; 07-22-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    MacThayer

Blog Entries
    I have been doing a little bit of a different approach to the "on sale" I find at Wally for round 2.00 a yard, marked down........I have been pretty much just buying whatever is left on the bolt, if its something I like.........my thought are that this will give me lots of pretty choices for the backs of the quilts, and I will have large quantitys of it, so will have plenty to use when I need it.......is that a good excuse or what?

Blog Entries
    ​Even washing it all is ok.

250 yards! that is amazing.
    Long arm quilting in Carmel, Indiana http://quiltcycle.blogspot.com/

Is the old rule "She who dies with the most fabric wins" still true ?????????????????
    Or should it read "She who dies with the most fabric wasn't sewing fast enough" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Either way...............what a find for you

Boy I sure wish I wasn't 1 1/2 hours away from the nearest WM or fabric store!! Only getto Billings,MT 1x a month and never any sales when I do. Good luck with your stash.
    Kathy Osterby

Blog Entries
    i have to confess as well. i was in lake havasu for the winter this past year april 2012 and the walmart there was redoing there fabric dept. as well. i went in and they had 100's of bolts for anywhere from 1 to $4 a yard. since i was heading back to canada where you can't get fabric for less than 10$ a yard on sale if your lucky, i purchased 100 yards of some of the greatest quality, nicest pattern and great fabric. the only think is i just learned how to sew in jan. and im 53. i will be lucky if i get around to using it all with all the other stuff i bought and continue to buy to go with it. lol now if i could just find someone here to help me learn and get started again. i am basically on my own with no one to guide me. its the cutting that has me intimidated

Congratulations - that is a steal!!! I am going to have to check our Wal-Mart (well - several, I live in a big metro-plex area). Don't think I will walk away with 250 yards - but I could spend a little... :-)
    Dawn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2