Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Grrrr - what we won't do for our kids!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/grrrr-what-we-wont-do-our-kids-t155555.html)

sharin'Sharon 09-25-2011 04:32 PM

Use that newest T-shirt to make a simple flange pillow to go along with the quilt. Why go through all the extra work of trying to amend the already constructed quilt just because someone else didn't get the shirt to you in time anyway. The explanation of why THAT shirt isn't in the quilt is self explanatory and should be understood by that one certain party. AMEN

Cheshirecatquilter 09-25-2011 04:52 PM

Ladies, ladies -- the old adage "measure twice cut once" could be applied to our posts -- "type once, read twice, THEN post".

Cheshirecatquilter 09-25-2011 04:54 PM

Ladies, ladies -- the old adage "measure twice cut once" could be applied to our posts -- "type once, read twice, THEN post".

Dani 09-25-2011 05:46 PM

I totally agree with CoolJulUtah...all the way around.

Originally Posted by CoolJulUtah
I'm sorry that this happened to you, it must be so aggravating after all the work you've already put into the quilt. But I think we all need to remember the reason for this quilt is to raise money for the kids with such an awful disease. I hope that you can get over the frustration that you're feeling and pour some extra love into the quilt while you're adding the forgotten t-shirt. No one did this intentionally, but they want the quilt to be extra special to help raise money for these courageous kids. I'm sure you'll be able to do that! I think you'll be glad you took the time to do it right instead of doing something to just "get by." What an awesome person you are to help out!!! I hope this doesn't turn out to be a bad memory for you but one that you'll be able to look back on and cherish because of the service you gave! Please show us pictures when you're done! Hugs to you! :o)

sailsablazin 09-25-2011 06:17 PM

I think that the extra shirt owner would think that it was a special privilege to have her shirt displayed all by itself on the backing of the fabric. I bet it would depend on the way that it was presented or explained to her...
You have already put in a ton of work...thank you for that...the backing can be pretty cool and the last shirt can hold a "place of honor".

klutzyquilter 09-26-2011 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Willa
....... or on the back with/on your quilting label. You could put it on some muslin and have your info going around it with made and quilted by, for charity, date. Just a thought.

The shirt was late, put it on the back ... however, it's given great treament as suggested by Willa.

lwests 09-26-2011 06:17 PM

I laughed so hard at the slip of word....I cried. I needed that laugh. Fit the situation perfectly. lol

PS Stitcher 09-27-2011 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks
Sorry, I'm giggling here (3 lines up from the bottom of the post, 3 words in from the left)

Seriously, your idea of trimming out one shirt and replacing it with the "must have in" shirt sounds good. Good luck with whatever you decide!!

Hehehe!! Me too!!

I would also suggest appliquing it over one of the shirts that isn't "mandatory". I don't know if that helps.

jraff 09-28-2011 07:15 PM

My only suggestion: You'll have to do what you can live with. Perfectionists can't live with many non-perfect things. Everyone has given great suggestions.

May I be the first to applaud your efforts for the raising of FUNDS for diabetic children and their families. Our daughter was diagnosed when she was 4. Research in these past 23 years has changed lots and improved care, but the cure is still beyond reach. Please know how much we appreciate everything you've done PMY in QCA-IL. Love ya.

And can we please see a photo of the finished project?

1screech 09-30-2011 12:34 PM

Make a bag out of that shirt to store the quilt.