Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-t135152.html)

irishrose 07-04-2011 04:29 PM

I just checked my JT slotted ruler. It's perfect at 4" with every ruler I have except the 6" square Omnigrid. My others are Simplicity, Omnigrid and June Tailor. What ruler am I using on this quilt to square up blocks cut with the slotted ruler? You guessed it - the 6" Omnigrid. Oh, well. As long I stay consistant with my square up ruler, I'm okay.

GrannieAnnie 07-04-2011 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
You could have used the June Tailor mat to cut the strips into 4" squares. Just turn it sideways on a strip. At least that way they would have actually come out square.

With my arthur it's easier for me to move the strip and the little ruler than to lay things out on the mat. But that is a good idea

Doreen 07-04-2011 07:38 PM

I stick with the same ruler for any project because of the same reason.

judyjo 07-05-2011 03:19 AM

Would you mind showing a pic of the star ornaments and directions? I love to make ornaments and make different ones every year.

judyjo

shirley35 07-05-2011 03:26 AM

Thanks for all the tips on rulers and mats. I need to check all of mine. I use the June Taylor strip rulers fairly often. I purchased it at a garage sale years ago and just love it.

GrannieAnnie 07-05-2011 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by judyjo
Would you mind showing a pic of the star ornaments and directions? I love to make ornaments and make different ones every year.

judyjo

Someone on this board showed the star ornaments they made last winter from scraps. I VERY recently copied her pics and put them on here. I don't track links well. Maybe I can find it.

I had copied it for Honeybee, so I think the subject line was
"Honeybee...star ornaments" Probably not more than a week ago or so.

GrannieAnnie 07-05-2011 03:39 AM

judyjo

Directions are simple. Cut 3 each 4" squares from scrap--coordinate to some extent. Back each with fusible interfacing or something similar to stiffen a bit. I'm using various and assorted scraps of interfacing from my stash.

Fold square into a triangle and blanket stitch the two open sides by hand or by machine. Find or cut a 5 point star shape to use as your lay out template. Lay one triangle along one straight side, then the next and then the next. Pin or tack or sew or put a button in the center. Two of the triangle points will overlap. Use that point to sew in a hanger.

GrannieAnnie 07-05-2011 03:43 AM

judyjo

JudyJo, I just found the link and wrote a note to you on the last post. Title is "Honeybee..star pic"

THIS IS NO MY PIC. It's one I copied from this board. I don't have but one of my own COMPLETE!

mjsylvstr 07-05-2011 04:30 AM

Never came acroos this problem but sure glad that my rulers are all the same brand (exception:special ones for special projects !!!!)

I use the OMNIGRID...... and have had no problems.

quiltymom 07-05-2011 04:34 AM

I stick with one brand.