Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Guess what else they had at Harbor Freight? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/guess-what-else-they-had-harbor-freight-t59794.html)

calicocat 08-17-2010 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by mygirl66
Harbor Freight sells blades for rotary cutters?! I need to go there!

They are the 45mm two to a pack for $1.49 They are sold as carpet cutter blades.

gale 08-17-2010 10:20 AM

I didn't read that thread but I should have! We don't go to HF often but you can bet I will next time I'm near one. I just hate the smell of the place but I'll risk it for cheap cutting blades. My blade needs replaced right now.

crkathleen 08-17-2010 10:38 AM

When I first put in my zip code it brought me to the listing for there California stores. I just hit enter again (search button) and it brought me to the local stores.
Hope this helps.
Looks like there is one only 6 miles away. lol Whoo-hoo!

Originally Posted by gollytwo
I've tried their website but haven't had any luck with their store locator. I either am misreading the instructions, they don't work or my computer is resisting.
Does anyone know of a Harbor Freight store in New Hampshire?

I tried a Loew's over the weekend in upstate New York; they don't carry round carpet cutters blades.

calicocat 08-17-2010 12:34 PM

The HF stores are not going to believe how many blades they will be selling. I bought 10 packs. I did leave one on the shelf. I like to share. HE HE

brookemarie19 08-17-2010 12:54 PM

i went there this afternoon and got a couple of blades, but also got a suction cup handle. The one I got was a single handle, but it will be just as useful and for $2.99, who am I to be picky

gollytwo 08-17-2010 03:39 PM

THANKS

Originally Posted by crkathleen
When I first put in my zip code it brought me to the listing for there California stores. I just hit enter again (search button) and it brought me to the local stores.
Hope this helps.
Looks like there is one only 6 miles away. lol Whoo-hoo!

Originally Posted by gollytwo
I've tried their website but haven't had any luck with their store locator. I either am misreading the instructions, they don't work or my computer is resisting.
Does anyone know of a Harbor Freight store in New Hampshire?

I tried a Loew's over the weekend in upstate New York; they don't carry round carpet cutters blades.

CrazyAunt 08-17-2010 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts
What cool things you find out when you read the board! Thanks everyone for great tips for cheap supplies!

I agree. Thanks to everyone.

raptureready 08-18-2010 05:31 AM

I wonder if Menards, or Home Depot would have them too.

NanSew 08-18-2010 05:38 AM

The "pin" dishes are actually magnetic nut and bolt dishes for mechanic, I love them for my pins. I bought my first one for 13.00 at a quilt shop and then found them at Harbor Freight and Wal-Mart (automotive dept) for 4.00. I have given several as little gifties to sewing friends.

paintmejudy 08-18-2010 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by calicocat
I took the recent topic on rotary cutter blades and went to our Harbor Freight and found them without much trouble. THANK YOU for this find!!!!!!

But I also found Super Grip Handles there exactly like the one they sell in the Keepsake quilting catalog. KQ sells for 14.99 The one at HF was only 6.99

I love going to the hardware store for quilting supplies!

Again Thank you!!!

What is a Super Grip Handle used for? Thank you.