Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Guess what I finally have done? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/guess-what-i-finally-have-done-t69500.html)

betty pollard 10-12-2010 08:31 PM

ok, just what is stipple,? betty

bjdemir 10-12-2010 08:34 PM

Going to try using the stop/start button on both my Brother and Jenome tomorrow. Never thought about using it for FMQ.

Berta48 10-12-2010 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by KathyKat

Originally Posted by Berta48
I may have spoken to soon ladies and gentelmen.I was practicing FMQ again tonight and for some reason the stitches kept having loops?Whats up with that?
It was on the front and back both?

Are you using the same thread in the bobbin as in the top? Because that can cause a lot of problems on some machines.
Or it could be a tension problem. If re-threading doesn't work, wind a new bobbin.
Good luck!!

Yes I tried it again tonight and it is better.I think the problem was I had the machine going to fast.I slowed it down and now it looks better!!I was trying to stipple and my curves were pointed but I think I like it and it is easier too!!

I'm having fun!!! :thumbup:

Berta48 10-12-2010 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie B
I'm trying to learn FMQ, too. I can do the stippling or a meandering path fairly good, but am practicing feathers. Definitely, need more practice...ha. I have a Brother that I can take away the foot pedal, but have never tried that with FMQ. Do you have to think ahead to push the button for it to stop? I would love to see a picture of your FMQ.

Well I haven't any way of posting photos. :thumbdown: And I haven't actually quilted anything yet.I am still practicing I don't want toruin anything :lol: As I am real picky :-obI am my own worst critic!

Berta48 10-12-2010 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by betty pollard
ok, just what is stipple,? betty

Stippling is a desing that is all over and it kinda looks like your hand spread open between your fingers. It is curvy.Maybe if you look it up on the internet you can see a sample of it.

Sorry, I haven't a better way to describe it.

Berta48 10-12-2010 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Matilda
Berta, which Janome do you have?

Originally Posted by Berta48
I am so excited! I have been practicng FMQ.I just couldn't seem to get my foot pedal and hands to work together right.Then I got to thinking! (gave me a headache too) :lol:
My Janome runs without a foot pedal if I remove it.SOOOOO I removed it and tried to stipple and it turned out GRRREAT!!!
I am so happy. Who would have thought it would help so much but it sure did work for me!!I also did some swirls.

I have the Janome 9000 it is an embroidery machine also.But I have a Janome embroidery machine250 that I use also. As it is easier than the 9000 to embroidery on.
Think I will try to come up with some designs of my own too, since there are no quilt police. :thumbup:

mzsooz 10-12-2010 08:44 PM

I want a start button (sniff sniff) :cry:

Berta48 10-12-2010 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by mzsooz
I want a start button (sniff sniff) :cry:

AWWWW :-( (HUGS)
Maybe Santa will bring you different machine :thumbup:

maxi 10-12-2010 08:54 PM

I set my speed control slider where it works with the speed I move my hands. Then I can just floor the pedal and it will only go that speed. Same as using the start stop button. I love to FMQ too. And yes I am using a Janome but it works on other machines that have a speed control w/o the start stop button.

desertrose 10-12-2010 09:32 PM

I'm glad you were able to step back, take a deep breath and solve your FMQ issue. I'll be looking for postings of your own stitch creations soon.

Happy Quilting...Andie :-) :-) :-)