Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Guess where I went (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/guess-where-i-went-t316339.html)

Jshep 09-11-2021 05:08 AM

We found out that a shop hop would be starting on our way back, so coming home we managed to get three of them in. Went back yesterday to Granby and Joplin and hit the rest of them. I did buy two layer cakes, two panels, some fat quarters, a handle for my long ruler and another ruler. My favorite store in MSQC was the floral shop. We toured the JC Penny museum and his boyhood home. Home now and time to play with my new toys.

cashs_mom 09-11-2021 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by VaQuiltgal (Post 8507213)
A few years ago a friend planned a trip to MSQC for their 10th birthday. There were 21 of us who flew to Kansas City, shop hopped 2 days in the surrounding area & spent 2 days shopping at MSQC and attended their birthday dinner. We hired a bus to take us every day to various shops. It was a once in a lifetime trip. If it is on your bucket list, just do it. You won’t be sorry.

How fun! Now I just need some quilting friends to go with and the money to travel now. lol

Onebyone 09-12-2021 06:39 AM

It's a little over 9 hours from me driving and stopping frequently. I go alone and do what I want. I leave about 8 am get to the motel, get up and go to the shops all the next day. I go back to the motel and then go back to the shops if I think of anything I missed then leave to drive back home. It's a nice two day trip for me. I usually go on weekdays. I take my Featherweight with me to sew in the hotel room if I want. I go there with friends too but my trips by myself are just for me.

cashs_mom 09-12-2021 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 8507459)
It's a little over 9 hours from me driving and stopping frequently. I go alone and do what I want. I leave about 8 am get to the motel, get up and go to the shops all the next day. I go back to the motel and then go back to the shops if I think of anything I missed then leave to drive back home. It's a nice two day trip for me. I usually go on weekdays. I take my Featherweight with me to sew in the hotel room if I want. I go there with friends too but my trips by myself are just for me.

Oh, that would be fun. I don't mind going places by myself. I can do stuff on my schedule and at my leisure. Right now, money is very tight. Things still haven't come back from the lockdown so I just don't have the money to spend. Hopefully, it will turn around in a few years and I can make the trip.

DebLuvsQuiltng 09-13-2021 02:45 AM

[QUOTE=Onebyone;8507459]
I didn't see a lot of hotels nearby on map. Where do you stay, if I you don't mind sharing.

Jshep 09-13-2021 04:31 AM

We stayed at a little cottage inn right in downtown Hamilton. There was also a little cafe there that had the best hamburgers that I have had in years. We visited all the stores first then decided which shops we liked best and went back to shop. We also just recently took a trip to Marshalls in Batesville. Walking into that store was like WOW! Never saw so much fabric. It was like “I’ve died and gone to fabric heaven”. Lol

NZquilter 09-14-2021 02:37 AM

MSQC is only two hours from me. I need to go back. 😊 Maybe I will this Fall.

peaceandjoy 09-14-2021 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 8507459)

That sounds like a perfect trip! It's about 20 hours from me. :(