Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Guess where I went >

Guess where I went

Guess where I went

Old 09-09-2021, 06:26 AM

Default Guess where I went

A friend and I just got back from Missouri Star Quilt Company. We drove. It is about a five hour drive from where we live. Along the way we stopped at a quilt shop. Found out there would be a shop hop starting that we could maybe do some of the shops on our way home. At MSQC we met lots of people from all over the US. They now have a new yarn store there as well as a Nancy Zimmerman (spelling) which MSQC bought her out. We visited the quilt museum as well as the JC Penny museum. We also visited the home of JC Penny that he grew up in. We got to visit the first location that MSQC started in. On the way back we only got to stop at the first three shop hops because of time, so we have decided to drive back to Joplin tomorrow to pick up the other three, which is only about 2 1/2 hours away. All in all we had a great time.
Old 09-09-2021, 07:04 AM

Did you find any humans there? they seem to be non-existent there these days. someone else is running the business now, the forum too. no answers to problems anymore. shame, it was such a good company but for now, problems galore!
Still it is Covid time, so we all have hope things will be back to normal soon everywhere. Sounds like you had a good time though!!!
Old 09-09-2021, 07:14 AM

I noticed you didn't mention how much money you spent!
Old 09-09-2021, 08:05 AM

Oh what fun!
Old 09-09-2021, 08:06 AM

Sounds like you had a great trip! Wonder if you actually mean Nancy Zieman's company that they bought out?
Old 09-09-2021, 08:33 AM
Power Poster

Did you find any humans there? they seem to be non-existent there these days. someone else is running the business now, the forum too. no answers to problems anymore. shame, it was such a good company but for now, problems galore!

What? I have been four times since they reopened and plan on going to the Birthday Bash I have seen people everywhere in town. What do you mean someone running their business? It's all family and employee run. I don't know of any problems on their end. Their forum is run by moderators who have no contact with MS, they just have control over the forum.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:09 AM

I was there in May for a private retreat. I saw plenty of humans. Jenny herself stopped by every day to chat and check out our projects. It was their 2nd week of being open after the lockdowns ended and they were SUPER busy, but every single employee was friendly and helpful.

BTW, there is a new retreat center that has opened up in Hamilton, check out the pictures here: https://www.hotel-hamilton.com/gallery
The space is huge, everything is on one level (no stairs!), they even have a separate private room for your bus driver if you hire a non-quilter. It's a 5-minute car ride to the shops.

Last edited by Peckish; 09-09-2021 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:19 AM

they had a business take over things. what that all entails, i don't really now. only what others have passed on as they find out.
the human thing stands though. anyway, the family has a now huge business and most likely needed more help with things.
Old 09-09-2021, 10:11 AM
mkc

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Sounds like you had a great trip! Wonder if you actually mean Nancy Zieman's company that they bought out?
Missouri Quilt Company purchased Nancy's Notions from Tacony
Old 09-09-2021, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltwoman44 View Post
they had a business take over things. what that all entails, i don't really now. only what others have passed on as they find out.
the human thing stands though. anyway, the family has a now huge business and most likely needed more help with things.
Do you have a reference for the statement that a "business took over things"? I can't find any reference to that happening anywhere. Everyone always says there are lots of humans (not sure how you run a quilt store with no humans) working there and that they are so nice and welcoming. I'd be interested to know where you got your information.