Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Guess where I went >

Guess where I went

Guess where I went

Old 09-09-2021, 11:30 PM

Sounds like an awesome and fun trip! I would love to go there, but it is a 10 hour trip from where I live and I just can't do that trip right now with my health problems.
Old 09-10-2021, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltwoman44 View Post
Did you find any humans there? they seem to be non-existent there these days. someone else is running the business now, the forum too. no answers to problems anymore. shame, it was such a good company but for now, problems galore!
Still it is Covid time, so we all have hope things will be back to normal soon everywhere. Sounds like you had a good time though!!!
Where and what "forum" is being refered too?
Old 09-10-2021, 02:57 AM

I had a short window of opportunity to go several years ago...BEFORE covid. I certainly am sorry I did not go. The videos of virtual touring are about as good as I can get now.
Old 09-10-2021, 04:09 AM

When you have a business the size of MSQ, it requires lots of competent management. They have lots of stores, online sales, retreat facilities, weekly videos and a social media presence. That involves extensive inventory management, human resources (hiring, firing, insurance, and government compliance both with state and feds, computer resources, shipping, receiving, selling, managing, training, balancing the books, etc.

It's my understanding that they got really in the weeds when COVID came along and the online business exploded. Shipping was late, the long arm business got behind, etc.

Maybe they decided they wanted to do more in life than work.

bkay
Old 09-10-2021, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
When you have a business the size of MSQ, it requires lots of competent management. They have lots of stores, online sales, retreat facilities, weekly videos and a social media presence. That involves extensive inventory management, human resources (hiring, firing, insurance, and government compliance both with state and feds, computer resources, shipping, receiving, selling, managing, training, balancing the books, etc.

It's my understanding that they got really in the weeds when COVID came along and the online business exploded. Shipping was late, the long arm business got behind, etc.

Maybe they decided they wanted to do more in life than work.

bkay
Good point bkay. Just keeping up with the HR stuff can be a full time job for several people. Then there's the other stuff you mentioned. Part of running a business is knowing when to get more help.
Old 09-10-2021, 02:41 PM

Sounds like a wonderful trip! I am so happy for you.

Quiltwoman44 doesn't mention who she says took over whom, nor what location/business has no humans. Needs clarification.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by sandy l View Post
Where and what "forum" is being refered too?
Missouri Star has their own quilting forum, similar to this one. I would post a link but I'm pretty sure it's bad form, since their forum would be a direct competitor to this one. That forum has a tendency to get a little nasty every now and then, and isn't moderated much.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:55 PM

I'm so jealous. Sounds like a great time. I just Google mapped directions to Hamilton. 1 day. Guess that's not in my future.😔
they do have a forum. I read it too. Mostly the "general chitchat" section.
I also found a live webcam on their website too, so anyone can check it out and see for themselves if people are visiting there. When I checked it out, two ladies walked by carrying bags, looks like they'd been shopping, jealous again. 😚
Old 09-10-2021, 04:12 PM

I googled it too. It's about 11 hours from me so that's not happening any time soon. I'll have to check out their webcam. i can at least watch someone else have fun!
Old 09-10-2021, 04:52 PM

Default Missouri Star Quilt Co.

A few years ago a friend planned a trip to MSQC for their 10th birthday. There were 21 of us who flew to Kansas City, shop hopped 2 days in the surrounding area & spent 2 days shopping at MSQC and attended their birthday dinner. We hired a bus to take us every day to various shops. It was a once in a lifetime trip. If it is on your bucket list, just do it. You won’t be sorry.