Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Guild quilt raffle tickets price question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/guild-quilt-raffle-tickets-price-question-t176969.html)

QuiltnNan 01-25-2012 08:02 PM

no, i would not pay $5.

dunster 01-25-2012 08:04 PM

I would not, unless it was for a cause that I really wanted to support. Normally I buy just one for $1, and it's more to support whatever guild is selling the tickets than from any expectation of winning the quilt (although that would be nice too). I'm of the generation where $5 is a lot... By asking $1 for a ticket and 6 for $5 you bring in customers that otherwise wouldn't buy a ticket at all, and you give those buying more tickets a better chance of winning per $ spent, so I think more money is raised in the long run.

TanyaL 01-25-2012 08:08 PM

No. I would only buy a raffle ticklet for a charity that I really supported.

Gramie bj 01-25-2012 09:12 PM

No not $5 that would only give me one chance. if they were $1 each I'd pay $5 for 5 chances

chuckbere15 01-25-2012 11:16 PM

The money raised is for the guild which in turns pays for our items that we make for charities and the guild expenses. One of the guild members offered up this idea of charging 5 dollars for a ticket which would give you 5 chances at some prize; the grand prize would be the large raffle quilt. And if it is anything like our last raffle quilt and if I could have afforded it, I would have boughting every raffle ticket. I joined the guild after the creation of this master piece and I was a little disappointed when my name wasn't drawn. I wanted that quilt. Anyways, Thus giving you a chance to win something for every dollar spent. Also, she wants to limit the total number of tickets to 2000, thus increasing your odds of winning. At this point in time we don't know what the other four prizes would be, but they would be in the line of quilting. For example, a new sewing machine, a quilted lap quilt, ect.

sewbeadit 01-26-2012 12:20 AM

No, I wouldn't. If I liked the prizes I would buy more 1$ ones.

sewbeadit 01-26-2012 12:22 AM

If you know all of this when you buy it, especially the no selling more than 2000. I might pay 5$ for a ticket.

Originally Posted by chuckbere15 (Post 4911550)
The money raised is for the guild which in turns pays for our items that we make for charities and the guild expenses. One of the guild members offered up this idea of charging 5 dollars for a ticket which would give you 5 chances at some prize; the grand prize would be the large raffle quilt. And if it is anything like our last raffle quilt and if I could have afforded it, I would have boughting every raffle ticket. I joined the guild after the creation of this master piece and I was a little disappointed when my name wasn't drawn. I wanted that quilt. Anyways, Thus giving you a chance to win something for every dollar spent. Also, she wants to limit the total number of tickets to 2000, thus increasing your odds of winning. At this point in time we don't know what the other four prizes would be, but they would be in the line of quilting. For example, a new sewing machine, a quilted lap quilt, ect.

mltquilt 01-26-2012 04:08 AM

If you are getting 5 chances to win a prize then $5 does not seem too high and I would do that. When you purhcase 6 for $5 you do get an extra chance but there is only 1 prize.

mltquilt

bubble951 01-26-2012 04:45 AM

I would "donate" the 5 if I was a guild member, but not if I was not a member.

cjackaitlin 01-26-2012 05:28 AM

You are getting a chance to win 5 prizes, so $5. a ticket is good.