Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guild quilt raffle tickets price question

Blog Entries

Guild quilt raffle tickets price question

Would you pay $5 for a raffle ticket? There would be the grand prize of the large quilt made by the guild members and then 4 chances to win smaller prizes. Maybe like a sewing machine.

Or would you spend a dollar for just the large quilt?

Need your opinion, please.
    The Quilting Bear

In our guild, raffel tickets go 6 for $5 or $1 each.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Blog Entries
    My question is would you spend 5 for a raffle ticket?

Blog Entries
    A sewing machine is a "smaller prize"???? wow!

I've bought lots and lots of raffle tickets for guilds and have always paid $1. Often times if I really like the quilt, I'll buy several tickets. I'd probably be willing to pay $5 for a chance to win one of several prizes.

I would maybe buy one at 6 for $5.00 I might buy 10

I have done it to support a church or youth related cause, but not because I wanted the quilt. I don't think I would do it at a guild show, because I would be thinking that I had already paid admission. Raffle quilts are usually beautiful, but I don't particularly want to own them.

Dayle

Personally, I wouldn't buy a single raffle ticket for $5. Any guild in my area charges what sewensewer said.

I would pay $5.00 but only once. I would think I would buy more if I thought I would have more chances for my money. My guild is looking at $3 for 1 or 2 for $5.00 for a large quilt.

No, I wouldn't.

I would spend 5 bucks for "the big one". Is the money being raised for a specific reason, or is it for the guild.

(Before I get "spanked" , I really don't know) My reason for asking is, I tend to plan on spending at fundraisers.

Blog Entries
    no, i would not pay $5.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

I would not, unless it was for a cause that I really wanted to support. Normally I buy just one for $1, and it's more to support whatever guild is selling the tickets than from any expectation of winning the quilt (although that would be nice too). I'm of the generation where $5 is a lot... By asking $1 for a ticket and 6 for $5 you bring in customers that otherwise wouldn't buy a ticket at all, and you give those buying more tickets a better chance of winning per $ spent, so I think more money is raised in the long run.

No. I would only buy a raffle ticklet for a charity that I really supported.

No not $5 that would only give me one chance. if they were $1 each I'd pay $5 for 5 chances

Blog Entries
    The money raised is for the guild which in turns pays for our items that we make for charities and the guild expenses. One of the guild members offered up this idea of charging 5 dollars for a ticket which would give you 5 chances at some prize; the grand prize would be the large raffle quilt. And if it is anything like our last raffle quilt and if I could have afforded it, I would have boughting every raffle ticket. I joined the guild after the creation of this master piece and I was a little disappointed when my name wasn't drawn. I wanted that quilt. Anyways, Thus giving you a chance to win something for every dollar spent. Also, she wants to limit the total number of tickets to 2000, thus increasing your odds of winning. At this point in time we don't know what the other four prizes would be, but they would be in the line of quilting. For example, a new sewing machine, a quilted lap quilt, ect.
    The Quilting Bear

No, I wouldn't. If I liked the prizes I would buy more 1$ ones.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

If you know all of this when you buy it, especially the no selling more than 2000. I might pay 5$ for a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbere15 View Post
    The money raised is for the guild which in turns pays for our items that we make for charities and the guild expenses. One of the guild members offered up this idea of charging 5 dollars for a ticket which would give you 5 chances at some prize; the grand prize would be the large raffle quilt. And if it is anything like our last raffle quilt and if I could have afforded it, I would have boughting every raffle ticket. I joined the guild after the creation of this master piece and I was a little disappointed when my name wasn't drawn. I wanted that quilt. Anyways, Thus giving you a chance to win something for every dollar spent. Also, she wants to limit the total number of tickets to 2000, thus increasing your odds of winning. At this point in time we don't know what the other four prizes would be, but they would be in the line of quilting. For example, a new sewing machine, a quilted lap quilt, ect.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

If you are getting 5 chances to win a prize then $5 does not seem too high and I would do that. When you purhcase 6 for $5 you do get an extra chance but there is only 1 prize.

mltquilt

Blog Entries
    I would "donate" the 5 if I was a guild member, but not if I was not a member.

You are getting a chance to win 5 prizes, so $5. a ticket is good.
    learn each and every day,memories or play.

KR
    Quote Originally Posted by cjackaitlin View Post
    You are getting a chance to win 5 prizes, so $5. a ticket is good.
    I agree here. Our Guild's "opportunity quilt" tickets are $1 each but the quilt is the only prize. We sold 10,000 tickets for our 2011 quilt and are anticipating the same for our 2013 quilt.
    Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift....that's why it's called the present.
    Karen

Yes, I would pay $5 for a raffle ticket, but it would depend on whether I really liked the quilt being raffled and what the money was being raised for. I wouldn't hesitate if the money raised would be used to help charities, especially for kids.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...B5F8C60F07.png
    There is no snooze button on a hungry cat!

Our Guild sells raffle tickets $1 each.

KLO
    Blog Entries
    No, sorry but I wouldn't. I would definitely buy one ticket at $1.00 each for the raffle quilt even if I didn't like it. I always do when I go to a show just to support the guilds. However, as far as other items are concerned, I would only buy a ticket for an item I would like to own which would probably not be everything offered. Hope that helps.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckbere15 View Post

$5 for FIVE chances I would pay the five bucks.. However I would not pay $5 for one draw

i like the idea of having 4-5 different items to chose from so If I bought a $5 ticket that allows me 5 chances and I didn't want the quilt but I wanted the Sewing machine id toss all my tickets to the SM ticket box..

The idea of $1 tickets MINIMUM purchase of 5 tickets might be steep to some but I would pay that..
    Last edited by luvTooQuilt; 01-26-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast