Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Guilt reliever!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/guilt-reliever-t6071.html)

tlrnhi 04-17-2008 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
BTW.......FWIW.......AND.......FYA.........

GAMMD........& YCGB.......THAN..2.....ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Well Terri, not getting any sewing done yet.....but can you figure that out?????????????? tee hee
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well? GO SEW!
I'm off to bed!
Nitey nite!
And don't forget to get the cool fabric places from your Hong Kong friend for me! :)

Izy 04-17-2008 06:45 AM

Nite Nite Terri, look forward to chatting to you tomorrow xx Candy says there are whole streets just full of fabric shops.....how tempting is that?????????????

Cathy m - I must have missed your message I think its a great idea to get a cargo plane - you can drop it into the lake in front of us - just make sure its well wrapped up and a float attached!!!! lol!!!!

tlrnhi 04-17-2008 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
Nite Nite Terri, look forward to chatting to you tomorrow xx Candy says there are whole streets just full of fabric shops.....how tempting is that?????????????

Cathy m - I must have missed your message I think its a great idea to get a cargo plane - you can drop it into the lake in front of us - just make sure its well wrapped up and a float attached!!!! lol!!!!

I'm thinking I'm packing my backpack with the clothes that I need and bringing empty suitcases!

tlrnhi 04-17-2008 08:21 PM

Izy.....your package is now on its way to you!

Izy 04-18-2008 01:18 AM

Terri - I Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg I so hope it doesn't take tooo long, don't think I can bear the suspension lol!!!!!!!

Again my utmost gratitude to ALL my friends who are so kindly donating to our group. :D :D :D :D

Cathy M 04-18-2008 10:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Izy- here is your box.... its on its way to you.. The picture is very dark, sorry about that. The second picture is of a tabletop quilt that I didn't finish (uh, if you look close, I messed up on the rows... sigh...) anyway, it is an example of the fusible interfacing technique.

Calico92402 04-18-2008 11:23 AM

Cathy M,
What was the shipping price on that box? It makes my little envelope of fabric look very puny ... maybe I need to mail again, a box this time.

Cathy M 04-18-2008 11:37 AM

I used one of the international flat rate boxes. It was $37.00 to mail to Spain- its considered priority shipping and will be there in 6 - 10 days. The largest box the post office has for international flat rate shipping goes for $49.00 and has a 20 lb weight limit. Picked up one of those today to put stuff in for another shipment. The post mistress made me take the curled party ribbon off the front... geeshhh..... :):):):)

Izy 04-18-2008 12:21 PM

OMG - OMG - OMG - Cathy - does that mean it will be here possibly next week??????????????????? That box is sooooo big!!!! I truly only ever expected a couple of envelopes possibly. :D :D Calico, don't you worry, whether small or large, I appreciate every little scrap you go to the trouble of sending. :D :D

I really don't know what to say........I truly believe that I MUST have a guardian angel who guided me to this forum.....where I have met so many truly wonderful people :D :D

With the risk of sounding repetitive:-

A GREAT BIG OUTSTANDING OVATION AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU (you know who you are ) :D :D

Izy 04-18-2008 12:32 PM

Cathy - Forgive me - how selfish of me - I failed to mention how lovely the picture of your table cover is - Its abit hard to see, as the light is coming through but I love the colours. I have some of the sticky backed interfacing,called filmoplast that you can just stick on - good for repositioning - then it is permanent after you iron it. It seems abit thick to me for quilting, I have used it on my Clematis wall hanging, (I have just finished the binding on it, but I want to add some more beads to it before I deem it 'finished'!!)

Are you going to quilt the table cover or just use a backing as one of the Spanish ladies I know had made a table runner minus the batting, so that glasses etc., were more stable - what do you think about doing it that way??