Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   gypsy sit upon cushion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/gypsy-sit-upon-cushion-t142821.html)

jaciqltznok 08-06-2011 07:21 PM

I found it to be most uncomfortable! I am also short and this raised me up too much..and being round, I kept feeling like I was going to fall off...

jaciqltznok 08-06-2011 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I just ordered one a couple days ago from I HAVE A NOTION.com. It should be here Monday.

I am surprised you could get that website posted here...the mods have it blocked, so every time I have tried to post it, it rejects my posting!

joygross 08-07-2011 08:54 PM

I have one and I love it

jansquiltn 08-09-2011 11:45 AM

Think that this might help with my back issues. Thank ladies

Peckish 08-09-2011 10:40 PM

Just got a promotional email from Stitchin' Heaven, they've got it on sale for $20, regular price $36.95.

Melinda in Tulsa 08-11-2011 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I just ordered one a couple days ago from I HAVE A NOTION.com. It should be here Monday.

I am surprised you could get that website posted here...the mods have it blocked, so every time I have tried to post it, it rejects my posting!

Hi Jaci! I left spaces between the words!

I recieved mine a few days ago. I had been in intense back pain for about a week and nothing helped. I used the Gypsy Sit Upon and now my pain is sooo much better. Coincidence? I don't know, just know I feel better. Dear hubby has taken it away from me and is using it, says it helps. Do I need to order another one, LOL?

eej713 11-21-2012 06:55 AM

I bought one this summer......hated it! I kept sliding off it, there was just too much air in it. Last week I took an Ice pick to the side of it and let out a bunch of air, had to do it twice to get it out....I was hoping it had a gel center, not just air. At any rate, at least now I can sit on it without feeling like I was going to tip off the chair. I'll try it this way and see how it goes.....but I feel like it's a giant waste of money. I'm going to look for the gel pads they sell for wheelchairs.

amh 11-21-2012 07:06 AM

Whether the Gypsy Sit Upon will help with your back problems is dependent on the problem. I personally benefit from the gadget. I have 3 of them. One at work, one in the car, and one at home for when I have to sit for any length of time.

If you are wondering if they will help your back see if you can borrow one from someone to see if it helps. I was at a quilt retreat and in considerable pain when one of the ladies brought her sit upon over and said "try this". Within 5 minutes I knew I had to have one. I have loaned mine out many times, some like them, some do not.

It does take a little while to get used to balancing yourself. Your abdominal muscles may say hello, but that's not a bad thing.

Aileen