Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Had a Duh quilting moment lately? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/had-duh-quilting-moment-lately-t55056.html)

zz-pd 07-21-2010 01:54 PM

That is just to funny, but I really like your green too. :lol: God bless.

clarac 07-21-2010 02:19 PM

I did as you requisted and thanks a lot . See you later clara

RugosaB 07-21-2010 03:40 PM

My husband works at an oil refinery and just the other day he came home with a dozen or so bags with their logo front and center. I won't mention the company, especially after seeing where you're at, but the bags are green and there's yellow writing. That's a really good idea covering it with a quilt block, thank you!
(I didn't see the swastika until you mentioned it)

aborning 07-21-2010 06:39 PM

I just selected this topic and the picture popped up and I hadn't even read about it yet--when my 16 year daughter walked by and said "don't make one like that--it likes like a Hitler bag"--I said--it's a store bag that someone put a quilt block on. Then I read the story with it and started to laugh and told my daughter that the lady who made this--her 16 year old son thought the same thing about the bag as she did! hahahaha. I guess you'll have to come up with a different block for the next bag you "decorate"!

M.I.Late 07-21-2010 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by RugosaB
My husband works at an oil refinery and just the other day he came home with a dozen or so bags with their logo front and center. I won't mention the company, especially after seeing where you're at, but the bags are green and there's yellow writing. That's a really good idea covering it with a quilt block, thank you!

You're too funny! Mine works for the red, white and blue oil company so we're actually cousins... We get bunches of those bags too - safety awards, etc. I haven't covered any of his yet -but I thought with a quilt block on them he'd stop stealing mine. It's working! :)

clarac 07-22-2010 05:25 AM

I did as you suggested and maybe every thing is o,k, now clara

Lisaginger 07-22-2010 07:23 AM

Too funny! I don't think I would have noticed that either.

TXnsLov2Quilt 07-22-2010 01:01 PM

So funny. I just thought they were pretty quilt blocks until your son pointed it out. LOL

theoldgraymare 07-22-2010 01:16 PM

LOL! I taught high school for 29 years, and I guarantee that every single kid that sees those will see the swastica no matter how you try to disguise it! Adults, probably not.

RugosaB 07-22-2010 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by M.I.Late

Originally Posted by RugosaB

You're too funny! Mine works for the red, white and blue oil company so we're actually cousins... We get bunches of those bags too - safety awards, etc. I haven't covered any of his yet -but I thought with a quilt block on them he'd stop stealing mine. It's working! :)

In a few places I have scissors and like them there when I need them, I don't want to have to go looking for them. So they all have bright pink handles!

Around here we say, when things aren't going right schedule wise "At least your working" A lot of people around here are not