Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Had a Duh quilting moment lately? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/had-duh-quilting-moment-lately-t55056.html)

DoxieMom 07-21-2010 07:19 AM

Welcome Clara. I'm fairly new here myself. Don't know what happened to your post, but you might want to post again in the Introduce Yourself section. I'm sure you'll get lots of warm welcomes from other members there!

Originally Posted by clarac
I signed up on July 15th to join your guild and have not seen my name in the "introduce yourself section" I sent a picture and s short message.

My name is Clara Conway from Fort Worth, Texas

M.I.Late 07-21-2010 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by clarac
I signed up on July 15th to join your guild and have not seen my name in the "introduce yourself section" I sent a picture and s short message.

My name is Clara Conway from Fort Worth, Texas

I see that you're not in there. You have to go into the introduce yourself section first - then in the top left corner of that page (about an inch from the top) it says "CREATE NEW TOPIC" click on that box and a window will open where you can put your message to everyone. be sure to fill in the subject line or it wont take it. Good luck - I'll look for it!

ALSO, CLICK ON YOUR PICTURE AND YOU'LL GO INTO YOU OWN PROFILE - I LEFT YOU A PM (PRIVATE MESSAGE) THERE.

Lynette-Merlin 07-21-2010 08:20 AM

You really did make me smile. My children would have noticed, but not me! But I love the idea of the bags...hope you don't mind if I copy the idea although I have not seen any black ones around. Here in England they all seem to be cream coloured.
Lynette

hobo2000 07-21-2010 08:27 AM

OMG I would never have noticed it. It was lovely. But nicer now with love..

Debo 07-21-2010 10:10 AM

I wouldn't have noticed it but love the idea of decorating store bags. Kind of dresses them up. Thanks for the idea.

gzuslivz 07-21-2010 11:42 AM

That happened to me, too. I made a block for an American Hero quilt my quilt group was making. Thank goodness I didn't have to keep it. Once you see something like that, it's never the same. But, thank you much for the great idea. So many stores sell their bags for $1.00. With a leftover block or pretty piece of fabric you can have a one of a kind gift for little money!

patsyo56721 07-21-2010 11:44 AM

MI Late I agree with your son

quilting memaw 07-21-2010 11:52 AM

That's so funny! I like the new version.....much better. I need to do something to my bags.....hummmm.....

Alondra 07-21-2010 01:17 PM

Oh, that's priceless... and may even be apropos these days. You are too funny!

Numa 07-21-2010 01:41 PM

I covered the name on 2 bags for prizes on a bus trip to Amish (Ohio) country. Came out really nice.

My friend and her husband were cleaning out his mother's home several years ago and found a "Nazi" quilt. He was horrified.Was afraid someone in his family was a secret Nazi. I told her it was an old symbol meaning lots of good things before it was appropriated for evil. He still burned it.