Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Had Lost Enthusiasm for Project Almost completed - needed and received encouragement - Update on Page 4 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/had-lost-enthusiasm-project-almost-completed-needed-received-encouragement-update-page-4-a-t146503.html)

nursie76 08-20-2011 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Dina
Beautiful quilt. Just finish it....gift it....and then make one for yourself!!

I have been considering it, with this pattern too! It is the first Eleanor Burns pattern I have made (not the only one I have
by a long shot 8-) ), and her patterns are great!

Numa 08-20-2011 10:41 AM

It's beautiful. She will love it!

vivoaks 08-20-2011 11:00 AM

Much as you'd like to keep it yourself, you started it as a gift... just go for it! She'll be thrilled, regardless.

EasyPeezy 08-20-2011 11:02 AM

You can finish the quilt and give it to her and ask her to let you know if
she really likes it or not. If not you will keep this one for you and make
another one for her in her colors. Then she'll know you actually made
something for her. She might decide to change her bedroom colors
or just keep this beautiful quilt just because she likes it so much and
I think she will.

Glassquilt 08-20-2011 11:20 AM

Finish it & give it to her. I like the idea of the label mentioning the renewal vows.

nursie76 08-20-2011 11:25 AM

You are right, we have the kind of relationship, that if asked if she would prefer one in a different color she would tell me the truth. I will probably watch her reaction and if I feel I need too, I will tell her that. But in all honesty, you are probably right and she will love it to pieces.

Side note: When I told my oldest daughter (the one who has the rag quit) that Jen loved it and said it would go with her bedroom, so I was concerned about the quilt I was making for the wedding, instead of the encouragement or commiseration I anticipated, the first words out of her mouth were an emphatic: "But that ones mine...she can't have it!!!!" LOL Like I would take it away from her! :roll: Crazy kid! (Does give me a warm feeling to know she loves it that much, though. Oh and she's a 38 yr old mother of a 12 year old. lol)

nursie76 08-20-2011 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Glassquilt
Finish it & give it to her. I like the idea of the label mentioning the renewal vows.

I agree. They are taking their vows on the beach...so, I thought I would name the quilt Love on the Beach or Love Letters in the Sand...but I usually say: Made with love for so & so, blah, blah, but in this case would like to say something about their vows of love and commitment spoken on the beach, and don't want to use the work twice. Are any of you out their poets or writers that could come up with something nice for the label???

amyjo 08-20-2011 11:42 AM

she will love it. I see no mess only the beautiful quilt. You want a mess come to my house. aghhhhhhhhh, 2 large dogs that shed and of course the puppy that I am trying to house break for my granddaughter. course she doesn't shed. just wants to chew on some things. gave her chewies and toys so she is settling down. can put her in bathroom if necessary.

Rebecca VLQ 08-20-2011 12:02 PM

Yup. She needs this one.

NEEEEEDS IT.

:D

cathylynn 08-20-2011 12:20 PM

that's a beautiful quilt. finish it and give it to her as intended. she should love it.