Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Had Lost Enthusiasm for Project Almost completed - needed and received encouragement - Update on Page 4 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/had-lost-enthusiasm-project-almost-completed-needed-received-encouragement-update-page-4-a-t146503.html)

nursie76 08-20-2011 08:49 AM

OK, so, I am just about ready to put the final borders on a queen sized quilt top intended as a gift to my DD's BFF who is getting married (renewing vows really) on September 10th. The pattern is Lovers Knot by Eleanor Burns and is working up beautifully. I had discussed color choices with my DD last year when we were planning this and she suggested blues and beige as this young women loves the ocean and they are taking their vows at the beach. Well, today, I was chatting with this young woman on Facebook and she mentioned that she loved the rag quilt i had made for my oldest DD, and that she almost stole it 8-) She went on to say it would match her bedroom colors. Yeek!!! My DD's quilt was rich maroon, chocolate brown and dark tan!!! The quilt I am making her is blues, turquoises, and sand color background, the blues are beautiful batiks. Now I seem to have lost my enthusiasm for this project....how the heck will it look with maroon and brown...? The only comfort I can find is something kinda silly...on the cups at my Burger King, they have waves of what looks like cola and caramel colored waves dancing across the cup with splashes of maroon and dots of turquoise ice...I really want to make a quilt with those colors, cause I just love the combo. So, since I doubt that her walls are either dark brown or maroon, I am sure this will look ok and she is so sweet, she would probably just love it because I made it for her. It is too late to make anything else, although I probably could whip up a raggy quilt, but I have spent sooo much money on the materials for this on. Trouble is, I love blue and it would work in my room :cry:

So, after this long rambling post, what I need is you folks to just kick me in the butt and tell me to finish it and gift it...right?

Maggiesmom 08-20-2011 08:53 AM

Just do it. That's what the commercial says. She will love it and you can always make another one with those colors for yourself. Sept. 10 is not too far away.

lynndianne 08-20-2011 08:54 AM

Consider yourself kicked in the butt. I have a hard time finishing anything. The quilt sounds beautiful...send it to me.

Lynn :lol:

BrendaK 08-20-2011 08:56 AM

You have been kicked. Hope it didn't hurt too bad. How long would it take to make the raggy quilt? Sounds like that is what she really wants. Is there a problem with you keeping the queen top quilt for yourself? It also sounds like she would love anything that you made. BrendaK

nursie76 08-20-2011 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by lynndianne
Consider yourself kicked in the butt. I have a hard time finishing anything. The quilt sounds beautiful...send it to me.

Lynn :lol:

Thanks for the kick!

nursie76 08-20-2011 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaK
How long would it take to make the raggy quilt? Sounds like that is what she really wants. Is there a problem with you keeping the queen top quilt for yourself? It also sounds like she would love anything that you made. BrendaK

No, I could keep it for myself, but my goal is to make something big enough for her bed, so, my concern would be the time factor....I work full time, and the amount of money I have already spent on this quilt, and additional money for enough nice weight flannel to make a queen sized raggy...and...to tell you the truth...for some strange reason, I don't like to make raggy quilts...have made 2, like how they look, but would rather make something else. And, as Lynn said, I too have trouble finishing anything and this is the largest quilt I have ever made...the fact that I am almost at the finish line piecing the top, had me so excited! Course have to quilt it yet, but...

Rebecca VLQ 08-20-2011 09:12 AM

Nursie, keep going. KEEP GOING!

And while I'm sure she loves the one you did for DD, even enough to steal it, she has NO idea what's in store for her with the quilt you are CURRENTLY working on for her. It will be breathtaking and well loved, and I bet it will go very nicely with her "new" color scheme, because this will be the centerpiece.

Trust me, she will love it.

(now, where's the pics before I kick your butt?) :D

Sandy-lou 08-20-2011 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
Nursie, keep going. KEEP GOING!

And while I'm sure she loves the one you did for DD, even enough to steal it, she has NO idea what's in store for her with the quilt you are CURRENTLY working on for her. It will be breathtaking and well loved, and I bet it will go very nicely with her "new" color scheme, because this will be the centerpiece.

Trust me, she will love it.

(now, where's the pics before I kick your butt?) :D

Ditto

isnthatodd 08-20-2011 09:19 AM

Gentle reminder that you chose what you did because you thought it would be great, and it will! Just keep putting one stitch in after another and soon you will be showing us pics of the quilt and maybe even the lucky recipient.

patricej 08-20-2011 09:19 AM

you should finish it exactly as it is.

i could be wrong, but i think the colors in the quilt you are making will make a stunning - and well coordinated - focal point within the color scheme of her bedroom.

a few accent pillows to tie it all together might make a great gift for the next ocassion. :-)

you might also consider a pieced back for it made especially in her color scheme. just make sure to bind it with a color that suits both front and back.

who would not love two quilts in one?