Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hancock Fabrics Remodel (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hancock-fabrics-remodel-t127416.html)

Normacharlie 06-03-2011 06:00 AM

Ours, too!

svenskaflicka1 06-03-2011 06:57 AM

i tend to be resistant to change--i like going into a store and being able to lay hands on the things i want without having to search. every time a store does one of these, it really sets me off my game. our hancock has done the remodel, and yup--i don't like it. i hate having to "think" about every move, search for everything, and double check every turn i make. (i still HATE the walmart changes that were made--not user friendly, inconvenient, clunky "flow" of the aisles) i know that the stores are trying to make us hit more areas, and expose us to more product, but i feel as though my time for shopping is limited, and i don't want to waste time wading through a new floor plan to look for an item i used to be able to grab and get. i am changing my shopping habits because of it, and hancock is no exception. i rarely go there, now.

i do more and more of my shopping online because of it. (curmudgeon in training...)

schaffers 06-03-2011 07:14 AM

Remodeled? Ours went out of business a few years ago.

gramquilter2 06-03-2011 07:23 AM

Just saw a sign in our Hancocks looking for workers to help with the remodeling. So they will be starting it here shortly. JoAnns is also moving to a larger new space and they plan to sell off everything as they won't be moving anything to the new space.

kittiebug 06-03-2011 09:22 AM

I'll have to go check them out, I didn't know they where
remodeling.. thanks

Crafty Chick 06-03-2011 09:37 AM

Our Hancock's here in Birmingham, AL (Hoover) just recently remodeled AGAIN! After Jo-Ann's moved in the same shopping center, I guess they decided to step up or give up!!! It is set up just like Jo-Ann's--fabric to the left and crafts to the right. There is stiff competition in this area as there is a Michael's in the next shopping center and a Hobby Lobby in the next one...so we have all 4 in one block.

AngieS 06-03-2011 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty Chick
Our Hancock's here in Birmingham, AL (Hoover) just recently remodeled AGAIN! After Jo-Ann's moved in the same shopping center, I guess they decided to step up or give up!!! It is set up just like Jo-Ann's--fabric to the left and crafts to the right. There is stiff competition in this area as there is a Michael's in the next shopping center and a Hobby Lobby in the next one...so we have all 4 in one block.

WOW! We don't have anything like this unless you drive for 30-45 minutes! I have been in Hancocks only 1 or 2 times but LOVED it! I got my big ruler there that usually cost $25+ for $13!! Love it-Use it all the time. I hate the idea of it changing. The people in there were so helpful and friendly. I don't get to travel out of town much but would love to go back. :)

4dogs 06-03-2011 09:52 AM

I buy a LOT of fabric from hancock's on line store, web site...around a holiday, they often have fanatastic prices for the clearance items.

tntgranny 06-03-2011 09:57 AM

I have a really dumb question. Is the Hancocks of Paducah the same company as the Hancock fabric stores around? They don't seem to be, but I'm not sure.

MissJMac 06-03-2011 10:18 AM

In my area, Hancock has relocated the fabric to a farther corner of the store. Looks like the store is being taken over by crappy wrought iron knick-knacks, artifical flowers, vases, etc. I used to like going to Hancock because I knew the cutters and it was nice talking to them. Now they got kids who know nothing about fabric - they just cut. Joann's moved a couple miles away and became a superstore and at my age I don't relish wandering around the store because the staff can't direct me to the correct area.
I have become an online shopper and I'm very fond of my UPS driver and my Fed-X deliveryman LOL.
Really sad because I used to enjoy walking the aisles, feeling the cotton - Guess this is what they call PROGRESS.